“Great food at Blue Nile Cafe!”
Review of Blue Nile Cafe

Blue Nile Cafe
Ranked #62 of 1,559 Restaurants in Kansas City
Price range: USD 8 - USD 17
Description: The Blue Nile Cafe is a unique dining experience, featuring a variety of delicious & healthy meals. We are Kansas City's oldest Ethiopian restaurant. Our dishes feature shrimp, chicken, beef, and lamb. A wide selection of vegetarian, gluten-free vegan options are available. We do catering for events! We just expanded our prepared food to go options.
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite after visiting City Market. Glad we did. They have a lunch buffet, reasonably priced, very tasty. The lentil soup was fantastic! Loved the cabbage dish, and the lentil mushroom dish. Definitely will come back.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with this restaurant. The food was delicious and all of the staff was so friendly! On Saturdays they have a buffet from 11-3 that costs about $10. It is a great opportunity to try everything.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

This was my favorite restaurant of all the places we have eaten in Kansas City. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The food and coffee was exceptional. We are visiting from Portland, Oregon and when we come back we will definitely come back!

Bonnie Bush

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love trying new restaurants when we travel. We have been meaning to try Ethiopian cuisine for awhile and finally decided on Blue Nile. Blue Nile was an easy streetcar ride from our hotel. The food was very good, and vegan and vegetarian friendly, which is important to us. I could have used just a little more spice, but enjoyed trying something new!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

My mom and I were at the City Market and decided to give this lunch buffet a try. The food looks very similar to an Indian buffet but the flavors are completely different. I enjoyed The cardamom spice that was added to some of the dishes. The red lentil dish was so good I went back for a little more. I had the server put a sample of each item on my plate. I liked everything and it was fun to try something new. We enjoyed sitting outside and eating but our waiter never came and asked us if we needed refills on our water. We were there for an hour and he never came back to our table after initially giving us our drinks and the food is mildly spicy. He definitely needs to step it up! As for the food, I would come back for the red lentil Misir Watt! Delicious!