“Fair Visit”

Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fair Visit”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night to visit the Chiefs stadium and look around. The stadium was right across the street and is conveniently located to get to if your into these teams. I was a little apprehensive to stay here based on the security of the parking lot. The area was decent. The lobby was really nicely decorated and the rooms were nice and perfect for sleeping and showering. The shower took awhile to actually get warm. The air conditioning was really noise and clunky. It actually woke us up in the middle of the night and we had to turn it off. The elevators at the time of the visit were being worked on. Going up to our room the first time did take over 10 minutes waiting on them but when we can back they were working just fine.

Room Tip: I would call to make sure the elevators are working.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Joshua F, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for proviinding us with feedback of your stay. It's unfortunate that you encountered a challenge with the noise from your HVAC system. I do apologize for this. We are working hard to make sure that these challenges improve. The location of this hotel is incredible, especially for th upcoming All Star game in July. We are truly excited for the event. Our elevators will all be brand new by then as we have already completed 2 of them. Our ownership is investing a lot of money to make really strong improvements. We hope you come visit us again next year and see all the great improvements we are making.

Thank you for your time.

Holiday Inn CoCo Key Water Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Halstead,
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Second time to visit this hotel and water park and was disappointed. Elevators were so slow most of the guest were taking the stairs, we were on the 8th floor, that is a lot of stairs, and the stairwell was filthy. I would say to Holiday Inn if people are going to have to use the stairs at least clean the stairwell. Also did not have a shower curtain in our room, told the front desk while we went to dinner and they said it would be fixed when we returned. It was never fixed during our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me some feedback. Our elevators have been very frustrating and I understand your frustration with them. Our new ownership recognized this challenged when they aquired the hotel and have invested a huge amount of money into fixing them. We now have 2 brand new elevators fully functional. Our last elevator is in service currently due to our increased demand, but we are planning on upgrading this one as well. By mid April, we will have all brand new elevators. Our stairwells are also currently being upgraded. Unfortunately, in the hotel industry, there is never a good time to do upgrades.
I do apologize for not getting you a shower curtain. This definiftely upsets us that we did not deliver a promised service. I will be discussing with my team how to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I do hope that you get an opportunity to visit us once we finish our elevators. I do believe you will enjoy your time with us.

Wyndmere, North Dakota
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was worried about this hotel after reading other reviews. I was very impressed by the front desk night auditor, he was very helpful and provided quick service. I am very impressed also by the room and ammenities of this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and dont understand the bad reviews. I know bad hotels and this is not one..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Joshua F, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for providing the positive feedback! We strive hard here to make sure we are delivering "Great Hotels Guests Love!" This is what Holiday Inn is all about and I want to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us with this rating here. We are working hard to continue to grow as a company and grow as an organization and it is our hope that we can continue to provide the service you have come to expect and love from Holiday Inn. We look forward to you coming back and visiting us in the future!

Northwest Arkansas
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We just got back from the Holiday Inn at Coco Key Waterpark Resort. This was our 2nd time to stay here. Our kids love the waterpark (12 and 8 yrs old) and we love it too. There is a very nice bar in the waterpark where mom and dad can relax with a few drinks and still watch the kids. The hotel is very nice with a great offer of Kids eat Free in the hotel restaurant. My only complaint is that the elevators are awful. They are very slow and almost everyone complained that they spent more time in the elevator than anywhere else. It was pretty bad. There was a sign up that they were upgrading the elevator service...I sure hope so. Overall great stay and we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from elevators, as they can be noisy
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Joshua F, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time. I'm so excited to hear you and your family had a great time. It is always our goal to bring "Great Hotels Guests Love" to all of our guests. I understand your headaches with our elevators. We are actually currently upgrading them. We have one that has been completed, one that will be completed this week and one will be completed mid March. There is never a good time to do this but we felt we needed to upgrade the elevators before we hit our busy season. Our new owner has been fantastic in providing us the money we need to make the biggest improvements. I am so glad to hear, though, that you had fun in our waterpark! The next time you visit us, you should see that our elevators are better than ever!

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Holiday Inn CoCo Key Water Resort
"Great Hotels Guests Love"
jefferson city, mo
Reviewed 26 February 2012

In the past two years I've literally stayed here about 20 times for work purposes. So I know what I'm talking about. Would I stay here for a personal trip...yeah...maybe. My first choice would be the Drury Inn across the street, but if that was full this would be my next choice. As far as water parks go, if you are coming here specifically for that, I would go just a little bit further down the road to Great Wolf Lodge. Now, I do have to say that I've never personally played at the water park here, but I've been down there a couple of times to order pizza (more on that later) and it's nothing to get real excited about. There were however a lot of kids in the arcade.

The hotel itself isn't too bad. Nothing fancy, but trust me, I've stayed in worse. I've been here for a lot of conferences and the staff seems to take good care of the attendees and the food and snacks they provide is pretty good.

Ok, now to the nitty gritty. The "tower" elevators are SLOOOOOOWWW. If you are here for a game or on a weekend. DO NOT STAY IN THE TOWER. Ask for a room in the East Wing. I prefer a room on the 3rd floor of the East Wing. Why you may ask? Well, the elevators are never crowded. You won't be waiting 10 minutes in the lobby like everyone else. Trust me, you will thank me for this tip...that is...if you heed it. I choose the 3rd floor because it's the top floor of the East Wing and I don't like people walking around above me. You still may have the ball rooms above you, but I've had better luck with these rooms than anything in the Tower. Next, parking is atrocious. Seriously. Horrible. Especially if there is a game, the hotel is hosting an event, or the water park is full. So you may pay for a room, but it doesn't guarantee you parking. People not staying here will park in the lot and walk to the game...so yes, taking spots from paying guests. There is no one monitoring the parking lot for this. If you are here for the weekend, I would be wary of moving your car, because there's no guarantee you will have a spot when you get back. If you don't leave for the weekend, you know what that means...yep. Hotel food...

The hotel restaurant is pretty good. I've had a lot worse hotel food. The prices aren't too bad really either for a hotel restaurant. You can expect to pay the usual "convenience price" on the food, but really the prices aren't too bad. So, as to the pizza I mentioned above well, I would skip it. At one time I think they used to have an A&W and a Pizza Hut, but now it's just generic pizza and burgers. It's pretty tasteless, but I guess OK if you really want something quick. Actually I paid about the same price for a tasteless 6 inch pizza, 3 break sticks, and a soda as you would pay for something a bit better in the restaurant upstairs. I've only had one bad experience in the hotel restaurant. That was today (2/25/12) when the computers went down in the kitchen and our order didn't get placed. We waited an hour for our food. It was like the manager and waitress hid in the back until they figured they HAD to come out and tell us something was going wrong. The waitress came out first to apologize. Then the manager finally came over 15 minutes later to apologize. They did comp two of our meals. Too bad we were all paying separately and so two of us got free meals and two didn't. Sheesh. If it's decent weather, Denny's is just up the road. I've walked there a few times during my various stays (yes, I'm not kidding when I tell you I will not give up a parking spot unless absolutely necessary!!). Last but not least, most people are used to getting free breakfasts from Holiday Inn, but you will not here. I always bring my own granola bars, so I can't tell you what their breakfasts are like and if they are worth paying for.

The rooms are ok. Pretty standard I guess. The beds are comfortable. I've had issues with the t.v. not being plugged in correctly. Yes, weird. They are plugged into the power strip on the desk. But sometimes the power strip is not plugged in and I think that some of the rooms may require for a light switched to be flipped "on" to initiate power to the plug in. So if your t.v. is not working, check those first.

Well, if none of this has scared you off already, then let me just finish by saying that the staff is generally very friendly and helpful. I personally have never had any issues with the staff from the front desk to housekeeping.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN THE TOWER. You will be waiting 10 minutes for the elevators. Ask for a room in the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4.8 km away
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!