“Great place & Kristi is intuitively & genuinely awesome”
Review of Opera House KC

Opera House KC
Ranked #222 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Kristi is an interplanetary-top-shelf-badass! After coming to
the opera house to work, meaning write, on my new novel, she
intuitively knows when I need my ritual Scotch to contemplate my days
work. She is pleasant, witty & lovely as my server.

TheWriterintheHat

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Fun and eclectic design, a historic building (a little run down i admit, and bathrooms were plain scary), cool central location right at River Market. Lots of bar foods and a gazillion of fried options (if you are into that). Good Happy Hour- best was local whiskey and homemade ginger-beer take on a Moscow Mule. The service was pretty slow, with one or two people servicing the entire area AND a bar on a weekend night, and they closed quite early (8pm?)...

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

What a great place to eat lunch!! Good food, amazing service and awesome atmosphere to dine in! I will be back, upon my next visit to the city!!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for brunch before going to the river market. They had a giant selection of food, both breakfast and lunch. There was also a bar. I enjoyed the breakfast tacos and my husband enjoyed his burger. I felt the mimosas were a bit on the small side for the price, though when I watched the bartender make them they ended up being just a splash of OJ and the rest champagne. And we got the “walk of shame discount” for having them before noon. We would recommend this place!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Took the morning to go to the market and was pleasantly surprised by btunch at the Opera house coffee shop and food. The chicken and waffles meal was excellent. particularly good was the gravy which appears to be the gravy they use on their biscuits – it was wonderful. The French toast was well prepared and delicious also. We would come back here any time.