“Looking for southern food ”
Review of Beignet

Beignet
Ranked #6 of 47 Dessert in Kansas City
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

After eating a great bbq sandwich earlier, we decided to drive down to the farmers market. Although we just missed most of the little craft and farmers market ( they close at 3 and it was 2:30) we decided to wander around. In the corner was a small New Orleans style restaurant. They serve breakfast and lunch for sure. We bought the traditional corn bread and the candied jalapeño corn bread. My wife got the back-woods grits with shrimp scampi.
My oh my. Everything was to die for. Yum!!! They also have various sweet teas and juices. Hidden gem.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Came here Sunday am. We hadn't had breakfast yet and have heard good things about this place. We ordered the Spicy Shrimp (my favorite), the Pig, the Mr Bacon and the Crusty Crab (which is better with the provided dipping sauce). All were VERY good and felt reasonably prices considering the serving size + chips. We also ordered a regular beignet with sea salt Carmel DuPont sauce-phenomenal!

The woman who took our order was especially helpful and friendly. Drinks are free refills and the teas were amazing-I'm not even a big tea fan!

I thought this place was charming and delicious. I would love to go back!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I had the bacon, cheddar gouda stuffed beignet with sweet potato fries. It was a good, but next time I would stick with the regular sweet begnets! Sometimes you just can't make a good thing better.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Knockout good. Po' Boys are huge. Packed full of goodness. Daddy Duke and the Kitchen Sink are outstanding. Fries were great. Crusty Crab beignet were exceptionally flavorful. This place absolutely hit the spot for lunch. Will, most definitely, be eating here again. To much on that menu to try only once.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Next best thing to actually being in the French Quarter at Cafe Du Monde! I've tried the savory beignets before: Pig (bacon, gouda, & cheddar), Crusty Crab (crab, bacon, & goat cheese), and Waldorf (cinnamon apples, chicken, blue cheese, & candied pecans). The sweet beignets are my favorite: Bavarian Creme or Nutella is my jam! I try to pop in here when I get down to the KC River Market and get a couple to go.

Date of visit: May 2018