“LongHorn Steakhouse 9400 NE Barry Rd, Kansas City, MO”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #255 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Had a very good meal at this LongHorn Location in Liberty, Missouri. Atmosphere was great! Servers and staff were all friendly and helpful! Food was delicious and prepared exactly as ordered. I had the Ribeye Steak and it was very good!!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We were traveling through the state and we were led her by good reviews...so happy that we stopped! My husband and I split the 18 oz Outlaw Ribeye and it was plenty for both of us. More importantly, it was tender and tasty and perfectly prepared. The Caesar salad was crispy and fresh and the loaded baked potato was good, too. Our server was prompt and pleasant and despite the fact that we arrived about 9:15 pm, we didn't feel rushed. Not a fancy place, but comfortable and a great value. Wines by the glass for $6-7. I think that the lighting /ambiance could be improved by dimmers- a little to bright overall. Would recommend for a very tasty steak for a reasonable price!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We do not live in Liberty but try to stop in this restaurant for Lunch once a month and always had no complaints. Today was a bit disappointing however. Let me first explain that my wife and I are retired and live on a limited and fixed income. Secondly, besides trying to be frugal, we desire to eat smaller portions in hopes of losing weight and we almost always slip our meals. I’m sure this happens a lot with older customers.

However, we sensed that our server (Teresa W.) had a problem with that from the moment we she took out order. You only want an 8 oz. steak for the both of you was her reply. Yes, with the salad and baked potato it will be plenty I assured her, and it was.

When she brought our order, the brought no extra plate nor steak knife knowing we were splitting our meal. She never returned to check on us until asking if we wanted desert.

While I was hesitant to tip at all I did tip 25% as I know many restaurants have a split charge.

We have never felt we were given a cold shoulder at Longhorn or any where else for splitting a meal. When we return I will ask not to have Teresa as our server.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Good food, service and value; the outstanding part of the evening was the help the staff gave to a family member who has had a stroke. Their care for her causes me to say for only my third time: This was one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank S8078PSjohnc
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Arrived at restaurant around 5:30 on a Thursday. It wasn't packed but wasn't empty. Many tables open. We were quickly seated. About 5 minutes passed before waitress came by. She took our drink orders, water. Did not offer to take appetizer or main order. Did not see her again for 15 minutes, at which time we left.

Date of visit: October 2017