All reviews fire pit average courtyard overlooking downtown nicest courtyard argosy casino missouri river great hotel highly recommend this property separate rooms spent one night here starbucks coffee desk area beautiful property very nice stay rooms were very clean exercise room hot tub
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice, clean, and quiet hotel. I did not find anything about the hotel that would make me think this place is dirty, it seemed to be kept and cleaned very well. My room was away from the elevators and vending areas, so it was very quiet whenever I was in my room. The location seemed to be good, it was 10 mins by car wherever I needed to go, maybe 20 mins from the airport. I did have a problem with the water in my room one morning and I let the front desk know. They were very apologetic and had maintenance in my room within 30 mins. They gave me some food vouchers for the rest of my stay there, which was nice, but I could not use them since the meetings I was there for provided all of my meals. I was not needing or expecting any type of comps from the hotel for my water problem. It would have been better if they had said here is a free night at any Courtyard of your choosing instead of something that I could not use ( I realize they had no way of knowing that I did not need the food vouchers). I would go back there again for business if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Marissa B, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City at Briarcliff, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hello Duke104,

Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear that you experienced a problem while staying at our hotel. I am glad, however, my team was able to assist you in an appropriate amount of time. We would love to have you stay at our hotel the next time business brings you back to Kansas City! Please contact me directly at the hotel to book your reservation!

Thank you!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We stayed here for a couple of nights last week. Nicer Courtyard than the airport hotel, however no upgrades available for Platinum members or any king rooms. We asked for a quiet room and were given one right above the fire pit, which got very noisy at night. Good location, however we'll stay at the Marriott next time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Marissa B, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City at Briarcliff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Bocagrlz,

Thank you for providing your valued feedback. We certainly apologize for not having an available upgrade. As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, we try to do our very best at accommodating your requests, however sometimes our hotel gets booked up pretty fast! We definitely want you to have a wonderful experience, and with the noisy guests in our fire pit area and the lack of upgrade availability, I can understand how it fell short of that goal. I hope that this one time experience doesn't hinder you from staying with us in the future.

Best Regards,

Marissa B

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We travel frequently to Kansas City. This hotel is excellent for families with small kids. New hotel, very clean, and typically very quiet. Easy drive to downtown and to stadium. Has indoor pool. Just north of downtown but significantly better priced. One of my go to hotels when traveling to KC with family.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank krogersku
Reviewed 10 February 2017

While my honeybear was on business, I found the Jacuzzi and pool relaxing, clean and peaceful... Probably the best thing that I must commend this Marriott for is their excellent staffing. Ryan at the front desk was professional and vivacious. Stephanie was informative and helpful and of course Kay gave awesome advice on some of the local happenings. Their housekeeping staff ensured that the room was appropriate and accommodating.
The fire pit was inviting with the crisp weather and the location as minutes from downtown.
Kudos to Courtyard by Marriott Briarcliff, we will return....

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view of the firepit and the city...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Aside from a little hiccup trying to figure out how to get into the parking lot on the first go, this was a great place for us to stay. Affordable, within reasonable distance from the event we had traveled to see, and clean and comfortable. The staff was incredibly friendly, too. My one and ONLY complaint was it felt like the walls were paper thin. I swear, I could hear every conversation, every toilet flush, every door close... and that was even with diminished hearing soon after a heavy metal concert. Sadly, we stayed at another hotel the night before that was very much the same way, so our 6 1/2 hour drive home was a little exhausting.

Room Tip: I try for the top floor, so I can avoid the stompers on the floors above. If you're a member, you can customize your room preferences.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple