I stayed at this hotel for four nights to attend a business meeting, which was held on the hotel property. The location is really great for walking to the shops and restaurants in the Country Club Plaza, which is essential because this hotel does not have a full service restaraunt or bar. The manager's nightly happy hour made up some for the missing bar, by offering beer and wine from 5-7 p.m. at the bargain basement rate of $3 per glass! There was even beer on tap!
I shared a suite with two colleagues, and felt like we all had plenty of room. The suite was spacious and well appointed, with a full size fridge, stove top, sink, microwave and coffee maker. There was ample comfortable seating throughout: dining space for two, a couch and two easy chairs, desk space and more chairs in the bedroom, plus a large, flat screen T.V. in each room. The bathroom sink has plenty of counter space, and is outside the bathroom, which is great when sharing a room. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very quiet, at the end of the hall. Bonus points for outfitting the bed with washable duvets! Outside noise was never a problem, because the hotel is located on the edge of the Plaza complex, a bit out of the traffic. There was a "Big 12" college basketball tourniment in the city while I was there, and at least one team stayed at this hotel. So, I sort of expected extra noise, but was relieved when it remained quiet at night. The room rate includes a free breakfast buffet, which had sufficient variety to appeal to almost anyone - decent fresh fruit, hot eggs, waffle maker, a toaster with various breads and english muffins. The guest rooms and public space were all very clean. The staff seemed polite and helpful, although I did not interact with them much. We had a catered evening dinner event at the hotel the first night, and the wait staff were very gracious to our group, even when we lingered too long, and kept them at work beyond their regular shift. Our group voted to return to this hotel for our meeting next year, we all loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri on the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is a beautiful historic destination offering a prime location for shopping and dining. The Plaza has European feel featuring Spanish architecture, fountains, and meandering walkways. You will find small boutiques as well as national chains. Enjoy local Kansas attractions such as the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Crown Center, Starlight Theatre, Sprint Center, Performing Arts Center, and the Power & Light District. Our Kansas City hotel provides all of the amenities you expect while traveling including little extras such as complimentary electric vehicle charging stations. Stay connected with our free WiFi access provided throughout the hotel, including our meeting rooms. Start each day of your stay with Hampton's free hot breakfast or grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag on your way out. Get a great workout in our fitness center, and unwind in our large, heated indoor pool. Join us in the lobby of our Kansas City hotel for our complimentary Evening Reception* offered Monday through Thursday. Parking is easy with us, and complimentary, in our private garage and outdoor parking lot suitable to accommodate buses. If you need to host a business meeting or social gathering, our Kansas City hotel offers 5,000 sq. Ft. Of space in seven meeting rooms, designed to accommodate up to 250 attendees. We offer full meeting services including A/V and catering. Let our professional sales staff make your event a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn