I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn. It is a lovely hotel: super clean, tastefully decorated. The layout is user-friendly, with the pool, work-out room, computer room, meeting rooms, and roomy breakfast dining area, all on the first floor. There is also a little store, connected to the front desk area. My room had the modern flat screen television, great shower nozzle, wonderful bed that was just right amount of support and softness --- plus big squishy pillows. The bed and the entire room smelled clean. My room had a generous supply of towels and hangars. This was a huge relief to me because I use a lot of towels to hand wash my travel clothes, and I did not have to call around and plead for towels and hangars! Also, the elevator even has sweet messages on the door when it closes inside. The breakfast included a wide assortment of quality foods and beverages, as well as "travel cups" if desired. The tables were set apart so that you could walk between them, even if people were seated at the table. The modern televisions had the morning news show on one, and travel/weather (no sound) information on the other.
But the very best thing was the staff: The cookies they offer upon arrival is just the beginning of the warmth and hospitality of the people here. They went out of their way to handle every little detail and they extended themselves at every opportunity. And my situation was not extraordinary; my needs were typical, such as transportation, extra flavorings for my coffee, etc. They handled each little need cheerfully and sincerely --- and all with eye contact and smiles.
I did have a bit of a challenge with the heating system, but I did not report it, as I forgot about it when I came downstairs.
I hope my company sends me to Kansas City again soon, and puts me at this hotel. By the way, this was my first trip to Kansas City, MO --- wow, what a clean, lovely, inviting city it was. Missourians can be very proud of this area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri on the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is a beautiful historic destination offering a prime location for shopping and dining. The Plaza has European feel featuring Spanish architecture, fountains, and meandering walkways. You will find small boutiques as well as national chains. Enjoy local Kansas attractions such as the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Crown Center, Starlight Theatre, Sprint Center, Performing Arts Center, and the Power & Light District. Our Kansas City hotel provides all of the amenities you expect while traveling including little extras such as complimentary electric vehicle charging stations. Stay connected with our free WiFi access provided throughout the hotel, including our meeting rooms. Start each day of your stay with Hampton's free hot breakfast or grab an On the Run Breakfast Bag on your way out. Get a great workout in our fitness center, and unwind in our large, heated indoor pool. Join us in the lobby of our Kansas City hotel for our complimentary Evening Reception* offered Monday through Thursday. Parking is easy with us, and complimentary, in our private garage and outdoor parking lot suitable to accommodate buses. If you need to host a business meeting or social gathering, our Kansas City hotel offers 5,000 sq. Ft. Of space in seven meeting rooms, designed to accommodate up to 250 attendees. We offer full meeting services including A/V and catering. Let our professional sales staff make your event a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Country Club Plaza
- Hampton Inn & Suites Country Club Plaza Hotel Kansas City
- Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Hampton Inn