“Good Brunch Spot”

Price range: USD 18 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd & Delaware St.
Description: The Farmhouse features seasonal and classically creative comfort foods of all types. We hate to waste food; embracing the "tip-to-tail" ideology enables us to work with our local farmers to grow the animals we need and to harvest those animals as they're needed. We also respect each animal raised for our kitchen by using as much of each animal as we creatively can. We butcher cuts not commonly used in modern cooking; we make our own bacon and lardons in house; we make chicharrones, broths, stews in house...All from pastured animals grown for The Farmhouse! We continue that ethic with the produce served in our restaurant and in our scratch bar - we use all parts of the vegetables we receive from our farmers, making our own stocks, sauces, ketchup, and our talented bartenders make their own seasonal syrups, purees & shrubs. "Farm-to-table" means that we work with local farmers from Kansas and Missouri, making them the base for our food and drink ingredients, keeping them in business all year long, reducing our carbon footprint, and making sure that you get the freshest ingredients on your plate! Picking their organic, non-GMO crops at dawn, delivering them to us early in the day, our farmers enable our menu to remain seasonal, always fresh, and creative. Seasonal menus are wonderful! You get to fully enjoy what the Kansas City region has to offer, from the change in the weather to the change of the crops. Enjoy delicious drinks and comfort food with us!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a good experience with this restaurant for Sunday brunch. We went around 9:15 am and didn't have to wait. The atmosphere is nice and the service was great. Sarah was a very friendly, efficient waitress. We had the Hanger Steak/Eggs, Pancakes, Corn Beef Hash, and the Frittata. The frittata wasn't very flavorful but everything else was very good. The breakfast potatoes are great! The manager was very apologetic about the frittata and didn't charge us for it. The cinnamon roll had a thicker cream cheese-type icing that wasn't very sweet. Some in our party like it a lot and others wanted it to be sweeter.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Really interesting place to eat. Menu is always different based on what they are getting from local farms. Good for breakfast, and brunch. Good for foodies willing to explore unique food combinations that are amazing.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Quirky decor and we loved it! The food and service were awesome. Perfect spot for lunch - definitely recommend The Farmhouse!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2018

OK, this place was fancy as hell! I mean, really cool! So this was like a Monday morning and wasn’t so busy, but I was told that there are super long lines on weekends. Fancy eggs! Fancy drinks! Everything was pretty darn fancy! Except the bathroom smelled like someone died in it! Well, maybe not died, but ate something alive, that died in someone’s stomach, and then left it in the bathroom! I guess fancy eggs, or eating live animals will do strange things to a man. I was considering dropping “a deuce” but it seemed wrong for some reason. LOL! Prices were pretty steep, but, you know, fancy eggs!!! Also, there was music playing and they played Phil Collins!!!! I’m not even joking…Phil Collins! I thought we got to a point in human history where we agreed, as a society, to pretend that Phil Collins never existed. But I don’t want to get all negative here. The eggs were really top-tier! And I had a coffee that was legit! Oh, maybe the combo of fancy eggs and legit coffee does it to a guy? Interesting proposition. Anyways, I don’t even know where I was going with all of that. They accepted major credit cards.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank DesertStev
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I went here for the first time on a Saturday. They had a small wait, and it was worth it. My sister and I enjoyed a great breakfast. The waitress did a wonderful job and I didn't feel rushed, when I just wanted to enjoy time chatting with my company. Best bloody mary I've had in a long time! Thank you for the service.

Date of visit: September 2018