See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

This place is absolutely horrible. The host was a small little man that seemed put out that he had to do his job. I asked for nonsmoking. I smelled like someone had just smoked in there five minutes before I got there. And I skipped a shower because there was black mold all over the tiles and shower curtain. I had to put my friend out when I got to his place. How embarrassing. I would rather stay at the Bates motel

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Jake B
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Whenever I see someone give a cheap hotel a bad review, I think, what did you expect from a cheap hotel? This one, though, was bad even for a cheap hotel. We showed up at almost 1am after visiting Worlds of Fun. There was a lot of traffic for that late at night - made me wonder what kind of activity was going on. The hallway smelled SO bad and there were no locks on the exterior doors. When we asked for more than the 2 towels that were in the room, we were told they had no towels. There was a pool area - we never planned to swim, but peeked in just out of curiosity. It was filled with trash. I mean, wow. On the bright side, the room, while in a serious state of disrepair, did appear to be clean as far as I could tell. The mattress was super uncomfortable, but the air conditioning worked well. If I was desperate for a place to stay, I might settle for this one for the price.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracie D
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I know the room was only $45 a night but they should be paying the customers to stay there. Holes in carpet throughout room, hole punched/kicked in bathroom door, mold on ceiling in shower, condom on floor near bed, the film on the bathroom mirror was so thick it almost gave a distorted reflection (like a circus mirror). Without question the filthiest place I have ever stayed. A lot of activities going on in KC two weeks ago. Now I know why this was the 1st place I could find that had vacancies.

Room Tip: Pay more and stay somewhere else. Nothing but disappointment here.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

So we came here since the ac broke in our truck. The ONLY thing okay here was the ac. I kept my shoes on until I crawled into bed because I felt so dirty here. There were flat pillows on the bed so I called for more. I was told there were no more. Then I went into the bathroom and there was only one washcloth and one floor matt. I called again and was told he was very busy and would call me back. I finally went to the front desk and a short, squatty little piece of crap man in glasses told me, without even turning around, that there were towels in the room and he saw it on camera, which he was watching nonstop. I said no, there were no towels in my room. He argued with me until I was yelling at him and asking him if he thought I was a liar. He only turned around to speak in Vietnamese to the other worker for quite a while. Finally the other man went to check out the bathroom. And yes, he found no towels just as I said. So we followed him to the laundry room, where he proceeded to dig through the 3 bins of dirty laundry. I told him we would not take dirty towels. So then he looked in the dryer and found one towel. Then he knocked on the door and gave us another one. I had to smell them to be sure that they were clean. I refuse to use them or the shower because there were prostitutes all around the hotel and it was just unclean. The WiFi did not work. All of the furniture had cigarette burns and I did not want to even touch them. I have never ever yelled at any hotel worker in my life. I wanted to go sleep in the hot truck but my boyfriend said it was too unsafe. Even if I locked the doors. Even the peephole in the door was so dirty you couldn't see out of it. And the super busy front desk punk was up there with not one customer, just watching the camera which no one was on! Do not stay here unless you are a filthy prostitute who doesn't even care where she sits her dirty behind. It is not worth saving 10-15 dollars! Never in my life have I been through such hell at a hotel. Be warned! Especially of the staff!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank DianaDaves
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Although this facility is not the prettiest nor the best smelling place, they are flexible and want to help. It makes a difference how you approach a situation, coming at someone with accusations in a harsh way does not get good results anywhere you go in whatever you do. Yes we found roaches, no the bed sheets don't fit properly and the knock off Calvin Kline bed spreads are god awful ugly and not comfortable, The staff is amazing except for the gentleman who mainly works the overnight shift. He is very rude and disrespectful and talked to me crazy when I said the heater does not work. My family has compromised with the smell and bought wonderful smelling wax and burners, smells like I want it too now. the carpet needed cleaned bad so we cleaned it. The pet fee was super cheap. we have not had any trouble with other guests nor our vehicle, so far so good. It may be an eye sore on the outside as it is an old structure but has an interesting history of being a upscale hotel with Olympic size pool and bar even a restaurant in its time. They are working on remodeling rooms and the outside is getting some tlc as well. We have made it work for us, I have not witnessed drug or prostitution activity as of yet, not saying it is not there. I will write another review when we leave about our experience here.

Room Tip: Just ask for a newer room.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family