“was there when my family needed a place to live for a few months.”
Review of Super Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kansas City
Super Inn
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Although this facility is not the prettiest nor the best smelling place, they are flexible and want to help. It makes a difference how you approach a situation, coming at someone with accusations in a harsh way does not get good results anywhere you go in whatever you do. Yes we found roaches, no the bed sheets don't fit properly and the knock off Calvin Kline bed spreads are god awful ugly and not comfortable, The staff is amazing except for the gentleman who mainly works the overnight shift. He is very rude and disrespectful and talked to me crazy when I said the heater does not work. My family has compromised with the smell and bought wonderful smelling wax and burners, smells like I want it too now. the carpet needed cleaned bad so we cleaned it. The pet fee was super cheap. we have not had any trouble with other guests nor our vehicle, so far so good. It may be an eye sore on the outside as it is an old structure but has an interesting history of being a upscale hotel with Olympic size pool and bar even a restaurant in its time. They are working on remodeling rooms and the outside is getting some tlc as well. We have made it work for us, I have not witnessed drug or prostitution activity as of yet, not saying it is not there. I will write another review when we leave about our experience here.

Room Tip: Just ask for a newer room.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2014

I stayed here for 3 week on business. The room and bathroom are in very poor condition. Vinyl bathroom floor pealing up and tile falling down. The carpet unraveling in areas. The towels and linens are clean. The free internet works well. Their weekly rates are the cheapest around. I would still come back because of price and didn't have problems with bugs.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I will say it was low cost, but nothing can get the image out of my head. I could not shower in that bathroom.
The manager on nights who claimed to be the nephew of the owner was not at all helpful, enough said!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at this motel because it was the closest one to worlds of fun that came up on our GPS that had rooms available and affordable rates. The outside is pretty run down, but we asked for a key so we could go look at the room before paying. There were some cosmetic issues that were obvious, but I checked the corners of the mattresses under the sheets to check for bed bugs and was happy to see that the mattresses looked new. We ended up renting the room and going back to worlds of fun. When we returned at 1230am ready for bed, we turned back the bedspread and there was something crusty dried on the sheets. My sister-n-law went to the front desk to request new sheets. Someone brought them to our room, but one of those even had something yellow and oily on it. The sheets were very worn too (see through in places). They also only have a sheet and comforter (which we all know those are rarely washed) so there is no blanket to use. The comforter had burn holes from cigarettes all over it. It was supposed to be a nonsmoking room which I could not smell smoke but there was an ashtray in the room. When my sister-n-law went out back to smoke she could smell someone smoking pot. There was mold in the nozzle on the shower. We only had two towels in a room with four people. And the best part is the next morning when we got up to leave there was a ROACH crawling on the ceiling. I don't care how cheap the rates are...it is not worth bringing home roaches. gross!

Room Tip: We did not feel safe at this hotel at all and if wifi is important to you, (if you stay regardless o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank leannadkins77
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I come to Kansas City a lot for Business and Pleasure. I always stay here. It is by the Highway, near the World of fun and Casinos, also downtown, and much Safer. 15 minutes from Airport. Staffs are helpful, free Wi-Fi. and affordable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business