USD 205
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 231/night.

USD 182
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 208/night.

USD 115
USD 117
Hampton Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 105
Hilton Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 126
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 144/night.

Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 133
USD 111
CandlewoodSuites
USD 178
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 115
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 140
USD 137
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanstarlight theaterbreakfast choicesthird floornice hotelstay there againbreakfast areawi fithe staff was friendly and helpfulhieballparkcerealmattressmoconcert
Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!! I had an uninvited guest show up and harass me. Pamela, the general manager, kicked me and my family out. She was so unprofessional. She told one of my family members waiting quietly and patiently in the lobby he neeed to leave! What? What kind of guest service is this? I am a hotel employee and have been for 10 years.i first of all would never approach someone not on a reservation, you should professionally talk to the guest on the room.
Then she told me I was smoking in the room, ummm ma’am. First of all I am a hotel employee and know the consequences of smoking in a hotel. Next, the officer that escorted me to the room, said it absolutely does NOT smell like smoke. Third, check you cameras Pamela, every person from my room went out front to smoke. So not only did you kick me out when I was being harrsssd but you are going to ie? As I work for a holiday inn property, I know the strive for exceptional customer service, I provide this every songle shift I work, and then come to a property such as this, makes me sick and not want to work for such a company, but the totally awesome thing is, is that my General Manager at my property would never EVER treat a guest this way. She should have come to talk to me and we could prolly have decided to call the cops together. This hotel failed completely for any type of customer service. Pick a different hotel folks... your money is worth more.

Room Tip: This hotel does not even deserve a 1 in service. ty negative to start
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee P
Pamela H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I would like to discuss your matter personally. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel, 816-997-9444.

Pamela

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here and enjoyed our stay.The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.The staff was friendly and helpful.The parking is plentiful.The breakfast was awesome,lots of choices.Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Even though this a difficult property to access, HIEx should capitalize on their proximity to the stadium and theatre areas with a shuttle, even if an extra charge. The quality of stay was certainly not worth the $$$ charged due to access, loud rooms, and below average breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our rooms, breakfast selection and location. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 August 2017

When we arrived, there was a problem with the room we were assigned so they immediately moved us to another room. Our keys stopped working within a couple of hours (on the 2nd room) and the staff immediately responded to this and worked on the door but it was not something that could be remedied right away so they moved us to a third room - a very nice suite on the 3rd floor. It was clean, roomy and we had a view of a wooded area with deer! We were in Missouri for a funeral and it was a sad and stressful situation so we appreciated the Holiday Inn staff being so kind and helpful in getting us settled into a nice room. We were there for five nights and the staff (John, Marisol, Amber, Rebecca, Jay and the sweet lady in the cafeteria - Yolanda) were outstanding in providing friendly, helpful and exceptional customer service! They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable and our needs met. They are great staff and we really appreciate all they did to make our stay pleasant at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Room Tip: The third floor was very nice, quiet and we had a good view of a wooded area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KSV-FL
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

June 17, 2017, I had reserved a room to stay at this hotel chain on a busy Saturday night. Unfortunately, while we were staying, the power went out. There were no lights, no air conditioning, no tv, no refrigerator. It was so dark we couldn’t see each other in the room-a huge liability should someone become injured on premises. It was also a very humid, Missouri night to be without air-conditioning. After the power had been out for several hours, we went to the front desk and were told that there was a storm, the hotel did not have a back-up generator and they weren't sure when power would be restored ( I did hear later that the power was not restored until 4am). We were told that if we left we would receive a full refund. After deliberating with my boyfriend we concluded that there was no way we could stay (he requires air conditioning and lights to avoid duress as he is a disabled veteran). The manager that I spoke with said that the city would reimburse the hotel and then we would receive a refund from Holiday Inn Express. I was reassured of this twice, the manager took my name and credit card information down before we decided to leave. We ended up having to drive all the way home, several hours, late at night in the rain. This put a lot of strain on us. We also were carrying $100 of refrigerated items with us that we risked losing due to not have a refrigerator. When I booked the room, I paid for the amenities that were promised to me. Unfortunately, those were not available for my stay. I feel as though it is wrong to take money for amenities unable to provide no matter the circumstances.

Upon return to work that Monday afterward, I began making phone calls to facilitate receiving the refund I was promised. I was met with opposition almost immediately. I was told by the staff that the management was looking at this and would contact me by the following Tuesday. I waiting the entire week and Tuesday at 4:45pm I still had received no phone call in return. I called back and the staff gave me an email to contact for one of the managers. I emailed them and 2 days later still had received no response. I've worked in retail and was exercising a lot of patience because I understand it takes a while to get these things ironed out. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly during this process, but management was not available. I was eventually told later that week that the management had decided that they were going to offer a "deep discounted room based on the reschedule of a concert in town." I did not accept this as an appropriate recompense for the following reasons:

1. This is a concert I do not plan on attending-I fail to see how that applies to me

2. I am unable to make the date of the room they offered to discount

3. The room I paid for in full was for a very packed Saturday night and the night they were offering to discount a room for us was a Wednesday night. This does not indemnify me as the Saturday night room is much more expensive.

4. I have now wasted an entire month trying to resolve these issues

5. Management ignored my requests and did not fulfill their promise to call back

6. I have no business in Kansas City much less your specific hotel for this specific date

At this point, I have contacted the Better Business Bureau as I feel that this is poor management and business practices. One cannot simply take money by promising to provide accommodations and then not provide what is promised. The management's response to my complaint has been utterly inappropriate, and unacceptable. I am very upset to think that there are many other customers who did not receive a refund as well. I am disappointed with Holiday Inn Express and the way their management has handled this situation. I should have been contacted and should not have had to spend 2 weeks making phone calls that were not answered. I should not have been offered a random Wednesday night at that specific hotel when I purchased a Saturday night hotel. The inconvenience that we experienced was bad enough without having to drag it out over the course of another month. At this point I will be writing my experiences on every travel website I can find to warn other travelers that the management takes this attitude. I am taking my entire family on a 10 day vacation in 2 weeks and will NOT be staying in any Holiday Inn hotels. I would like to assume that the Holiday Inn Express Corporation does not condone the actions of the management at this location, however since I have not had any word otherwise I am forced to believe that this hotel does not care about charging a disabled veteran for amenities he did not receive. I hope to make our experience known so that no one else has to go through the amount of inconvenience that we were put through.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the power outage during your visit. We also regret the issues you had with the charged and with the hotel management. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for evaluation. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A