“Trip to Royals ballgames”

Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel overnight . We were attending an evening game the Royals were playing and had tickets for the next afternoon. The hotel was clean and neat the lobby was inviting with cookies and tea or lemonade available. The next morning the breakfast that was offered was wholesome and nutritious. A wide variety of anything you could want. Checkout was easy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you on your next visit to Kansas City. Go Royals!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The property itself was great. The suites are spacious and appear to be well-maintained, the lobby was organized, the elevator was quick, even the hallways and staircases were immaculate.
My mother and I were there to see the eclipse. It was one of the last things on her bucket list and she was excited. Much of that excitement evaporated when we dealt with the front desk staff. They didn't even acknowledge us until we were standing at the desk for a few moments. I gave them my credit card to use for both rooms but one was charged to that card and the other was charged to the debit card I had used to hold the rooms. They didn't tell us anything about the amenities other than check out time was 11:00am. I understand that all of that info is available in the rooms but the staff should tell people the basics.
Later on my mother asked the gentleman at the front desk a question and he rolled his eyes at her. It was a dumb question but staff should never roll their eyes at a guest.
Full disclosure: I work at another hotel in the same corporation so we did have greatly reduced rates but that doesn't excuse their behavior. I have been in this industry for well over a decade, been everything from housekeeping and maintenance up to and including GM and that was some of the most disappointing service I've ever known. If it were my hotel, that staff members would no longer be my staff members.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean D
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

I sincerely apologize on behalf of my staff for any rudeness or unkindness you may have experienced during your stay. I can assure you that this is not typical of my staff, and I will definitely address this issue with them right away. I hope that you still managed to enjoy your eclipse experience and your visit to Kansas City. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I really liked the layout and decor of the room. I also liked the fact that their little fridge actually had a freezer with a seperate door instead of the annoying little freezers in most mini fridges. If I was staying several days this would have come in handy. I almost bumped this one down to a 3 because we used the stairs instead of the elevators and the carpets there are badly in need of cleaning. Get on that Comfort Inn! :) Their prices were $10 to $15 more than the other places we stayed but it was the best we could do in Kansas City.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our houseman was actually assigned to carpet clean the stairwells today before I read your review. We are on it! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you on your next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is the second time I've stayed at this particular choice property! My friends and I were celebrating a birthday and we wanted to get away for a night! We highly enjoyed the staff, they wished my friend a happy birthday and assured us, if there was anything we needed to let them know! The hotel is conveniently located right next to Worlds of Fun, which looked really pretty through our room window at night when all the rides were lit up! We visited downtown which was also a short uber/lyft ride! We were able to enjoy breakfast in the morning too! The staff worked so well together making sure all items were stocked! I highly recommend the potatoes and biscuits and gravy! They were a hit! Will definitely be back for a third stay!

Room Tip: Suggest a room with a view of Worlds of Fun
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love hearing from our guests! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last week on a family vaca. Hotel staff were very friendly and room service was excellent! Not only did they take care of the basic tidying up, but took the time to organize the mess of our own items (3 days-2kids =chaos). Very happy with the price, location, staff, cleanliness, everything! Keep up the great service!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jenna N, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate your feedback, and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our room attendants are the best! We hope to see you on your next trip to Kansas City.