“Nice ramen and appetizers”
Review of Boru Ramen Bar

Boru Ramen Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Boru Ramen Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #351 of 1,506 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed their food. Good service, wonderful appetizers and ramen. Specially tsuke ramen was exquisite. One thing that I didn’t like ramen broth which was very salty. Other than that great restaurant. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We had been talking about trying this place for a while, but it was the 25 percent discount offered during “Waldo Week” in late February that finally helped us get here. This is a not especially large, but cozy ramen bar along 75th Street where a diverse menu draws a diverse staff and clientele. Patronage when we were here skewed younger, but we weren’t the oldest ones here. I admittedly wasn’t very adventurous - I had the Loaded Fried Rice, which has chicken, pork, and shrimp over the usual rice and fried egg pieces. My wife had the signature dish, The Boru 2.0 ramen bowl. We both liked what we had, though she found hers a little on the salty side. Our server was friendly and helpful, though I had to ask for a refill of water. I’m glad we visited, and I’ve already decided I’d like to try the Tori Katsu panko-crusted chicken with Japanese bbq sauce next time.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Boru is a nice little spot for drinks and a bite. We enjoy going there for their happy hour-$3 pints of good beer (although they don't have the selection that their neighbor Summit offers), wine and other drinks on special as well. The fries are the bomb-a big old mess of sweet potato fries, kimchi, drippy egg, pork belly. Bao are good too. Super inexpensive and always playing fun 90s music videos. Great attentive staff.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My 14 year old daughter wanted to try this place. Great ambiance, great friendly and helpful staff and wonderful food. Great flavors and presentation was good also. We will definitely go again.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

The best thing about this place is the bottomless Bloody Mary’s and some sort of fruit drink. They were both delicious and we each had several. The ramen was ok and the pork was tender. The staff was positive and attentive. Go during brunch time and enjoy the drinks.