“Ok hotel, great staff.”

InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 24 March 2012

everone there is really nice, hotel aging, saw black mold above a room door while waking down hall, wallpaper peeling in my room nothing special. Hotel must have been confused and thought I was an ambassador so they gave access to club lounge and had fruit and water for me in the room. I'm stopping my loyalty to this brand as the customer service for priority club and ambassador program are really bad. When they screw up or take a complaint the india based service is trained to say sorry but there is nothing we can do and get you off the phone. What limited contact I have had with spg, marriott and hilton hhonors are much better, and they don't screw up as often and have a more consistant brand so it is unlikely youll ever need to call those brands. Unless priority club hotel is the only choice or way way cheaper I'm not staying with this brand any longer. This property is good but the parent company is bad.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor, We're happy to learn you found our staff to be nice. I apologize for the confusion about your room assignment, but certainly pleased it resulted in you receiving a free upgrade and welcome amenity.

I did not understand your comments about the lack of recognition for our Priority Club guests. If you would like to share some specifics with me, please do not hesitate to contact me at dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Nice hotel perfect location. Had a few issues after returning to our room late, had to switch rooms in the middle of the night. New room that was given to use had hair all over in the bathroom.
Front desk was very helpful and made up for the inconvenience with room adjustment and breakfast.
Nice location, hotel is quiet, cleanliness not so great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issues in your guestroom. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention while you were here so we could make amends. I'm happy our staff resolved this to your satisfaction. It also allowed us to follow-up with the associate who cleaned your room and provide additional training.

Again, my apologies and we'll look forward to a second opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days. The person that checked us in did not seem very friendly. Other than that our stay was good. Close to the Plaza. Easy to drive to other destinations. Room was good sized with a sliding door that led out to a balcony. Since is was unseasonably warm when we were there, we opened the door and sat out on the balcony enjoying the sunset. Would have preferred a room that looked out on the Plaza, but figured booking it through Priceline, probably have to take what I get. The walls seemed a little thin in that I could hear the neighbors TV and visiting more than I thought I should. The rooms were starting to look a little dated. There were rust spots on the bathroom sink. Needs a good update. Did not try to restaurant or the lounge, but the lounge/lobby looked very comfortable. All-in-all, a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Glad to hear you had a good stay, but certainly do apologize for giving you the impression that we didn't seem friendly at check-in. Your feedback will be shared with our front desk team along with a reminder of the expectation our guests have of us. Hospitality starts with a warm smile and a sincere greeting. Anything less is a missed opportunity.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for a conference.
The hotel location is nice, but you are a three to four blocks from restaurants other than what the hotel can provide.
The hotel food was pretty good. I would stay away from the prime rib as the cut of meat was not the best.
Mini-bar in the room and a large work area.
Room service was nice.
The hotel staff was very nice.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
They were in the process of doing some renovations, but they did so without disturbing my stay at all.

The Plaza was a few blocks away and most of the stores closed by dark. There were numerous restaurants in that area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
HostKansasCity, General Manager at InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the five-star review! We appreciate the positive comments. We are especially happy to read that our renovation work did not have a negative impact on your experience in any way. We continue with various efforts to further improve our four-diamond product and have focused on doing it in a way that does not disturb our guests.

We'll look forward to serving you again during your next trip to KC.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We planned a week-end stay at this hotel as this hotel property was where we stayed on our wedding night. We were celebrating the 40th anniversary of our engagement by staying here and visiting Loose Park where we got engaged. We made our reservation several months ahead of time and prepaid for the reservation. When we arrived they told us they were full and would have to go to another hotel that evening and possibly return the next day. They were to call us but never received a call until we started to leave the other hotel we had to call them to find out the status. They still didn't have a room available so we never did get to stay at the hotel. We did finally get a refund of our money but it was an experience that we will not forget and will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larry B

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the fact we were not able to honor your reservation last October. This happens very rarely and we deeply regret it occurred with you. I know we did pay for your first night at the hotel you were relocated to and refunded your entire advance deposit. If there is more we may do to make amends, please do not hesitate to contact me at dbreckenridge@kansascityic.com.

Once again, my apologies.