All reviewsdouble treethe penthousetop floorcookiesrooms are smallpie shapednice hotelparking garagerestaurant barholiday innin townfitness centerfront desk staffgreat place to staystaff was friendlybusiness tripkaty trail
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My family traveled to Jefferson City for the Red, White and Boom July 4 celebration sponsored by Missouri Credit Union. We had a great time visiting Central Dairy, various shops, the capital of Missouri, governor's mansion and our hotel. The Double Tree is within walking distance of the downtown area. We had great service. The only disappointment was the pool was closed due to construction on a broken handle to enter the pool. Otherwise, it was a great place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This facility is right in the downtown area and convenient to all sites and local restaurants. The front desk and Penthouse restaurant staff could not have been more welcoming, friendly and helpful. Easy to find since it's 11( I think) stories high and one of the tallest buildings in the area.

There is a Penthouse restaurant where we had breakfast with great views of the city.

Our room seemed to be recently upgraded with newer furnishings, carpeting, etc. The room was a little cramped due to the circular design of the hotel itself. Underground parking is free, but also cramped. But, we found this minor.

When you get out of the hotel you are a few blocks away from High Street where there are a number of restaurants. The Capital, Governor's mansion and other sites are all walking distance. Jefferson City itself is a very nice place.

Highly recommend this Doubletree.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed here for a business event in June. I've stayed in Jeff City only once before and frankly didn't know this place was here. Suprising there would be a Double Tree and not at least a Hampton in Jeff City.
Pros: Rooms - very comfortable. LCD TV's and good cable choices.
Wait staff at cocktail party was great - all of them.
Front staff helpful and friendly.
Top floor bar and restaurant was awsome. Breakfast buffet was very good - best bacon in midwest!
Cons: Rooms tend to be smaller (much better than other choices in town)
Don't stay downtown if you're looking for nightlife. Town shuts down around 8:00 pm -evident by the flashing stoplights.
All in all, stay here!

Room Tip: Stay at Hlton properties alot !!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

To my knowledge, this may be the only full service hotel in Jefferson City. The hotel is completely renovated and in very good shape. Rooms are small but nice. Hotel has switched over to the new Crabtree & Evelyn products in the bathrooms.

The restaurant has a very nice view (of Jeff CIty) and a good breakfast. As a Diamond member it was free for me. Dinner is very good though they could use more healthy options on the menu. Have one fish dish (not fried) and the rest of the entries are red meat (not grass-fed) or heavy chicken dishes. Also for bread served pita with cheese instead of something whole grain. But otherwise good and a nice wine menu surprisingly.

Must give a shout out to the staff who handled a 2 hour stint in the basement due to tornado sirens very, very well. This was during the tornado last week that hit nearby Sedalia, right after Joplin. They were very professional, brought us water, and did a nice job in a difficult situation. And, the stairwell of the garage in the basement of the hotel is a safe place. Nice job and thank you!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My partner and I and his parents stayed here recently, for a little weekend trip from southern Illinois. I chose the Doubletree Hotel because of my long-time familiarity and preference for Hilton properties. The hotel itself is very nice, is right downtown (although Jeff City is a bit...quiet) and has recently had a top-to-bottom renovation. The room was very comfortable and the amenities, from the toiletries to the MP3 hook-up in the room to the restaurant and lounge on the top floor, were very nice. (The only meal we ate there was the Saturday morning breakfast buffet, which was delicious and extensive.) The staff was very friendly. And parking is free! It is because of these things that I gave the scores that I did and why I would stay there again.

Here's why I will not stay there again. I made my reservations (for both rooms) with a credit card, but when I checked in, I swapped it out for my debit card (Life Lesson learned...). I probably should have known that a hold would be put on the card, but I didn't. Nor was it mentioned to me at the time of check-in. But knowing what the rooms would cost, plus any visit to the lounge or a minor meal there, I knew I had enough money in my checking account upon check-out. I didn't give it another thought.

When I returned home, I checked my on-line banking statement only to find that the hotel had put SIX SEPARATE HOLDS on my card! I called the hotel and more or less reconciled four of them (one hold for each room, one for the lounge and one for the breakfast). But the other two unexplained holds, in the total of $248.74, put my checking account into overdraft! The hotel checked with their credit card processing company and they could not find that these holds even existed, even though my bank did. In the end, they still don't know how and why these holds were placed on my account. I may ultimately not be out any money in the long run, but the several-days-long hassle and aggravation of trying to figure this out with them was not something I expected or wish to be subject to again.

Bottom line: if you do stay here----confirm in no uncertain terms if there will be any holds put on your credit or debit card and how much they will be. Then keep your fingers crossed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple