See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We were woken up to an extremely loud thumping sound on Sunday morning the 18th of December. I left the room (there are no phones to call reception) to see what was going on. I was told they were doing maintenance. I asked them to see if the noise could be sorted out as it was Sunday morning and were trying to sleep. I was then ignored as they continued thump away. We then tried to talk to the owner of the hotel. She laughed in my face. I couldn't believe it! The worst customer service I have experienced in a hotel. It is clear that they don't care about their customer's comfort. The walls also seem to be made of paper, you hear everything outside of the rooms. I won't be coming back here and anyone who wants a place to rest should think twice about choosing hotel boutique delfín dorado.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We didn't stay; the room was as big as a cupboard, with an interior window opening into the corridor. We had chosen this hotel because it was located on the ocean, but most rooms are at the back, with no outdoor view whatsoever. We were offered one of the back rooms since the four front rooms were taken. It certainly wasn't worth the price. Fortunately, we had made our reservations without a credit card and walked away.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2016

The hotel is located in the boulevard, on the beach. My friend and I got there early but with no problem they fixed us a room (originally I booked for myself, but since we where two they put in another bed for no extra charge). The room was small but nice enough. Not the best cleaning.. The walls was thin - really really thin! Breakfast was included, which was a plus. The first day it went by quick - the second morning we waited forever and had to ask 3 times before we got our food. The food in the restaurant looked good but we didn't eat there because it was a little pricy for our budget.

Its an okey hotel. Don't expect too much from the rooms (unless you book the sea view rooms). Prices are more or less the same for the zone.

Room Tip: The rooms with sea-view are more expensive, but a lot bigger and with balcony and well.. a nice view ;)
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stayed here for four nights and chose to splurge to get one of the seaside rooms. It has a great (full wall) balcony and view of the water. There's nothing really else special about this hotel.

When we booked we were under the impression that it was an air conditioned room, but it was not. It was very very very hot in the room and we kept the balcony doors and room door open to get a breeze. Even a fan in the room would have helped. The website also says there's a pool...which there isn't.

We had to request housekeeping, which is also difficult since you have to go to the restaurant to find anyone who works there. The front desk is up the stairs through the restaurant and there was rarely anyone there. However, once housekeeping got in, the room was spotless.

The food and staff at the restaurant are great. I think the staff do double or triple duty which is why they're aren't always accessible.

All in all, we loved the room - enough hot water, location, wonderful balcony and comfy enough bed. And that's what we paid for...the view.

Room Tip: If you're not getting a room with a view, I suggest choosing a cheaper hotel in town.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2016

I was very disappointed, I stayed in a very tiny room,it was very hot specially at night , nobody cleaned my room in 2 days, they didn't changed the towels and the toilet with not enough water pressure . No phone, no night table , hairdryer. It didn't have the most basic things I never saw the pool. No elevator either , the manager was very friendly but I think maybe they were short handed or they simply didn't care about the service.

Room Tip: The rooms in the second floor have air conditioning and sea-view, but if you pick the ones on the four floor they have a very small window
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family