See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2017

I would recommend the hotel. Nice area of the hotel, rooms are big and clean. Inside it is very hot, but there is AC. Breakfast was not too rich, could be better. Staff is friendly but a bit slowly. Internet works well. To go to down town of Paracas you have to take taxi (8 or 10 soles). The shower, when I took it, didn't have hot water, just warm. This was ok because outside and inside the room is quite hot. We enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2016

I was told that this resort was good but it went far beyond my expectations, it was awesome! the view, the rooms, the staff, the food, everything was simply 100/100. I highly recommend it either you want to relax and forget your daily responsibilities or you want to enjoy the hotel facilities but at the same time do some sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ocean view, it is awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel itself looked very nice, and it was nice. The rooms are basic and simple, but big. I especially liked the couch at the front door so I could sit outside a bit. The ocean is near with beach and all, but when I was there in September there was a flood of dead jellyfish washed up on the shore, so don’t expect swimming there at that time of the year. The people were nice, no doubt, but no one spoke English, which made communication a bit difficult. The breakfast was average, not much choice and I was not really convinced that everything was fresh. What bothered me most is the location, the hotel is outside of any civilization, and I was recommended not to walk to town at night, as it is not safe. For one night this was perfectly okay, but I wouldn’t stay there for much longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RippinKittin86
Reviewed 22 January 2013

The ocean view and flowers around the hotel were very pretty, but the water in the swimming pool was cloudy and murky - it did not look safe for swimming.

The rooms were borderline average, but the bed covers were way too large for the bed (so oversized that they touched the floor on all sides of the bed... not good practice for a hotel).

Anyways, I would have rated this hotel "Average" overall, except for the service I experienced. I had no hot water in my room at all, and when we alerted the man at the front desk (my friend spoke fluent Spanish), he didn't seem to care much, but said he would "check on it". The next day there was still no hot water, and it was clear that the guy at the desk did absolutely nothing about the issue.

Maybe the hot water problem was a one-time thing, but the freezing cold shower I took was hard to forget... especially after being ignored by the front desk person. If you are looking to save money and don't mind some less than desirable features, the Condor might be ok for you - otherwise it is well worth the extra money to stay at a nicer place.

Room Tip: Make sure your neighboring room does not include a family of four with screaming kids - very thin walls!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank gh1962
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I stayed at El Condor in November and have nothing but positive feedback. The hotel is simple, clean and doesn't scream out for attention. The food is excellent and the landscape of Paracus is magical. The staff don't speak English which can be challenging, however they did their best to accommodate to my needs and made my 7 day stay most welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo