“Villa Las Rubias is incredible and just what I...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
amyonlpr
Eastport, Maine
“Villa Las Rubias is incredible and just what I needed!”
Reviewed 26 May 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I feel so unbelievably fortunate that I had the privilege to stay at Villa Las Rubias in Troncones last month with 4 of the most special people in the world. Approaching the Villa, down a beautifully landscaped path, discovering that it is literally on the beach, made my heart pitter patter with gratitude. There is a rolling surf in Troncones that was almost magical. I loved waking up in the morning, in my balcony bedroom, with the doors open, hearing the waves crash. I miss that sound! The beach is spectacular there and I felt totally comfortable walking it, day and night. The locals are so extremely friendly and willing to help, guide, accommodate, and teach about their surroundings. We were welcomed everywhere-in the village shops, the restaurants, the mystical hot springs, at the fruit truck, and in the Villa. The staff at the Villa were so kind and took such pride in making our home for the week, spotless every day. I enjoyed the warm saltwater infinity pool multiple times daily, felt absolutely spoiled having massages on our balcony, loved preparing meals in our open air kitchen with the beach as our back drop, and practically drooled at all of the fresher than fresh food we had everyday! Villa Las Rubias is the most perfect place to reconnect with yourself, friends, family, and the beauties of Nature. I so look forward to returning, sooner than later! Thank you for making our week so very special!

Your age range 35-49
30 May 2017
Wow Amy! Thanks very much for the glowing review. You have really captured the vibe of Troncones and Villa Las Rubias.
Karen P
Yarmouth, Maine
“Location. Location. Tranquil/Beautiful Location.”
Reviewed 26 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Troncones, Mexico is a very special place. Villa Las Rubias, one of the most beautiful, relaxing, tranquile villas where I have ever stayed. I have travelled to many places. My experience here was like no other. It is authentic and unique. I hope to return someday. I don't always say that.

The accommodations were stellar and sooo comfortable. The bedding fresh! The bathrooms and entire villa cleaned daily. The kitchen, open to views of the sea, pool, and guests you, may or may not choose to cook for! You are a walk away from a beautiful beach, a salt-water infinity pool and a truly cultural-authentic Mexican village. The village is within walking distance from the villa, with wonderful local restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had the BEST CEVICHE I have ever had anywhere! from a small restaurant a five minute walk away from Villas Las Rubias.

Whatever your needs or not?, you will find it here. This is a tranquile location with many activities available if you choose: surfing, fishing, sailing, hiking, horseback riding and hot water springs. And most important villagers/locals who are friendly, helpful, and can speak English. They are more than accommodating to whatever your needs and can offer you advice on best places and sights to visit while there.

If you want a bit more action, a 30 minute drive to Ziuantinao and/or Ixtapa is a fun option and experience as well. And coming back to Villas Las Rubias after a day of more action and hustle and bustle? AWESOME/APPRECIATED R and R! I would recommend the location of Troncones, and a stay at Villas Las Rubias again and again... very special indeed!

30 May 2017
Thanks for the review Karen! We are glad you enjoyed your stay...
susanU948...
Bowdoinham, Maine
“Troncones Villa”
Reviewed 16 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This was the most spectacular vacation I've ever had! I went to Troncones with four of my best friends to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We stayed at Karen And Chris Ball's gorgeous 3 bedroom villa. Each night I left my door open and fell asleep to the waves crashing. During the day, we swam in the 80 degree infinity pool, walked down the beach and watched the turtle hatchlings, drank the best cucumber margaritas In the world!! In the morning we walked across the street and bought tropical smoothies, fresh eggs and avocado. When the fruit truck came by, we bought mangos, avacados, watermelon, eggs, melon and limes. We took a trip to the hot springs and gave ourselves a mud facial.

The Villa was beautiful and had a calming energy. Everyday the kindest staff came and cleaned. We received massages on the upper deck over looking the ocean as we listened to the birds.

It was magical in every way and the perfect location for all of us to reconnect and celebrate friendship and our 50th milestone. When I returned home I told my hisband that we will be renting the villa next year. I can't wait to return to paradise.

Thank you, Karen and Chris for the most spectular experience!!!!!

17 May 2017
Thank you Susan! We hope you bring your beauty and calming energy back to the Villa soon! We appreciate your kind review.
Kirk B
Benton, Maine
“Beach like no other”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I just returned from our 25th Wedding Anniversary at Villa Las Rubias and it exceeded all of our expectations. We had explored staying in Ixtapa or Zihuatenajo, but we are glad we found the tranquil and authentic Village of Troncones, just 30 minutes north. Words cannot do justice in describing the beauty of Troncones Beach.. the striking sunsets and dynamic surf were world-class. The beach was nearly empty during our entire 10 day stay- amazing. What surprised us most was the superb cuisine we found throughout Troncones. We had a blast just exploring these gems. Villa Las Rubias is situated right on the beach with panoramic views of the beach, ocean and sunsets. It is a luxurious and comfortable villa with modern indoor/outdoor living arrangements, a well appointed kitchen and A/C in each bedroom. The owners and staff were fantastic and helped us make the most out of our time in Troncones. We found the perfect balance between pure relaxation poolside and invigorating activities such as Horseback Riding, Surfing, Hiking, & Kayaking on the beach. BTW- we only saw one Mosquito during our stay  … We highly recommend Troncones and Villa Las Rubias.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing