“It just keeps getting better...”
Chef's kitchen with range
Guest Suite patio view
Master Suite Shower
View from Master Suite deck
After sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
ShoreRunn...
Seattle, WA
“It just keeps getting better...”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013

My husband and I recently returned to Dos Palmas for a 4 night stay and cannot say enough about the majesty of this place. It is a quiet and peaceful oasis right on the ocean, and its beautiful architecture and landscaping offers something for everyone. Whether you want to dive into the ocean, stroll the long and quiet beach, sunbathe from the bed of the infiniti pool, read a book in the garden, or sip cocktails at sunset from the rooftop deck, Dos Palmas will not disappoint! Since our last visit, a stunning new casita for 2 was added to the property, which now provides space for 3 couples in total (we wasted no time when we realized that we could bring more friends along this trip!). The new casita is surrounded by lush gardens, complete with a water fountain feature, fish pond, and outdoor cooking area. All of the rooms at Dos Palmas are modern and luxurious and provide the comforts of home. We wouldn't choose to stay anywhere else in Troncones and hope you don't either!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
PRS
Los Angeles
“AMAZING BEACHFRONT SIMPLE ELEGANCE”
Reviewed 17 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

n early November I had the great pleasure to stay for 10 days at Dos Palmas.

A little background information on myself….although I had been to Zihuatanejo a few times in the past, I had never ventured to Troncones so this , while exciting, was going to be somewhat a leap of faith with valuable and limited vacation time.
By nature, I am a passionate and exhaustively detailed travel planner. I leave no stone unturned when looking into a potential rental. For me, the "FUN" of a holiday journey actually begins months before, when doing the initial research on a particular property rental and the initial tenor of a trip trip can be set far in advance by the level of communication one has with the property owners. Emmet & Kelly, a couple in Seattle are the owners of Dos Palmas and could not have been more welcoming and forthcoming with the multitude of questions I threw at them. The majority of my contact was with Emmett and he was consistently patient and genuinely excited for my friends and I to have an amazing experience-not only at Dos Palmas, but also in Troncones.

The reality of Dos Palmas managed to exceed the lofty expectations of this traveler, as well as my closet friends traveling with me. The villa is nothing short of breathtaking. The venerable and renowned Zihuatanejo design firm of Desormaux Arquitectos were responsible for helping Emmet & Kelly realize this exquisite vacation home . Ironically, several years ago, we had stayed in a villa Carlos Desormaux owned/built next to La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo (at the time it was called Carlos & Jorge's, but is now a small boutique hotel called Villa Guadalupe) so we were definitely familiar with his masterful execution of the inimitable Mexican Pacific Coast style. The many signature details of the architect were evident and plentiful throughout the structure and all were beautifully composed and executed. A prime location on the south side of the main beach was perfect for us and we all fell in love with the expanse of green lawn fronting the house and providing an emerald carpet to the beach!

Some thoughts I would like to share:

The main open living room and kitchen are the "common areas" and extremely comfortable. We spent hours lolling between the large built in sofa, the kitchen (location of the much used blender!) and the pool lounging bed. This was a surprisingly comfortable (and a much appreciated) touch to add that something "extra" to the already beautiful cobalt tiled infinity pool.

Both bedrooms were equally nice, with perhaps an extra point or two for the upstairs suite given the inclusion of a comfortable built in sofa that provides an elevated viewing vantage point to the pool, lawn, beach and crashing ocean beyond. Speaking of the bedrooms, I had been assured by Emmet that the mattresses were extremely comfortable, but in all honesty I was a little skeptical of this given my previous experiences with mattresses in Mexico (often too firm for my taste). What a pleasurable surprise to discover that Emmett had not been exaggerating in the least! I have never slept so well in a vacation rental and this alone was one of the countless little details that helped make our stay so relaxing. Add into the mix the inclusion of much appreciated down pillows (as well as a few hypo-allergenic for those inclined) + tasteful cotton linens and bedcovers and it is a literal slumber heaven!

I could go on and on about the team assembled to asset with everything running smoothly. From the lovely and talented Eva (who manages the property and greeted us upon arrival) to the caretaker extraordinaire Beto, and last but not least, the charming and sweet housemaid Sofia…we felt utterly taken care of in every respect. The fact that this care was delivered with a genuine & friendly welcoming spirit of hospitality made it valued all the more. On a few evenings we had the opportunity to have Beto's wife Adrianna cook for us and it was unanimously agreed amongst our small group that these meals were a highlight of the trip! I would highly recommend this during your stay. We were also told that Sofia cooks a wonderful and bountiful breakfast and look forward to experiencing this on the next visit! When we could muster up the desire to venture out, we experienced wonderful meals and service at Roberto's just up the beach. Don't miss spending an early evening assisting/witnessing the LIberation of the Tortuga's So special and a true highlight. Also, a special mention must go out to the Hacienda Eden Hotel & Restaurant further north on Manzanillo Bay. Fantastic dining (both at lunch and dinner) as well as the pleasure of doing a little shopping in a beautifully curated gift shop called Fruity Keiko - what a find!. Manzanillo Bay itself is just breathtaking and Hacienda Eden is the crown jewel of this section of the beach. We also enjoyed a few meals at The Present Moment Retreat, which was a bit closer to Dos Palmas. Present Moment is the local yoga/spa retreat and the restaurant provided an interesting and well executed option for higher end beach dining. Fantastic fresh juices after a morning beach jog were also a treat! Present Moment has a very nice spa and the treatments we experienced were topnotch!

Troncones is very charming and indeed a one of those rare "special" places. I am so thankful I could finally experience this fun little surfing village first hand. We all really loved the quiet and laid back beach environment , especially within the exquisite comfort of Dos Palmas!

We had the opportunity to tour a few other Troncones villas available for rent, and while some of these were truly gorgeous and amazing (especially if you have a larger group) we ended the stay feeling that we we had won the lottery with our choice of Dos Palmas for this special and much needed break.

Thank you Emmet & Kelly! We look forward to spending time at Dos Palmas in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall design and beachfront location
Liked least: Perhaps a few more pieces of art to add an extra layer of warmth - which the owners have assured me are being added. This is nitpicking though!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ShoreRunn...
Seattle, WA
“Oceanfront paradise!”
Reviewed 8 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I have made multiple trips to Troncones, and by far, Dos Palmas is our favorite place to stay. The property owners and onsite staff are kind and very welcoming. Beato, Dos Palmas’ caretaker and friendly, English-speaking host, made us feel right at home upon arrival. The property is immaculate inside and out, and the design capitalizes on the oceanfront view from every room. Perfect for two couples or a getaway for friends, both bedrooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable, and have sliding doors that open to the ocean. The outdoor areas are gorgeous and the kitchen ideal for any cook. Hire Beato’s wife to make you dinner at the house one night and you won’t regret it! Her food is unbelievably delicious and very reasonably priced. My favorite spot is the rooftop deck, which looks like it popped right out of Sunset Magazine. It’s superb for morning coffee, whale watching, sunsets, and stargazing. Dos Palmas is located on the nicest stretch of the beach, and is within walking distance of all the restaurants and shops in town. We had a fabulous stay there, and are already planning our next trip back!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Mornings on the rooftop deck
Travelling group: Friends
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sharonsel...
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 7 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Just got back from a week at Dos Palmos - our first time in Troncones - and had an absolute blast. Although it was humid and hot we cooled ourselves daily in the pool or took a siesta in our spa-like suite with air-conditioning. The house is very Zen and open and has beautiful finishes. Evenings were spent on the roof top deck celebrating the spectacular sunsets. This place is special. We witnessed sea turtles laying eggs right outside the house on the beach and saw dolphins when we went snorkling. The house is right on the beach and there is great swimming, surfing and boogie-boarding and the water is 86 degrees! The food we had in Troncones was delicious and cheap! I can't wait to go back to this little piece of heaven. I am so relaxed and refreshed.

Value Location
Missouri
Reviewed 17 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing