“pleasant beachside oasis”

Frente al Punto Beach Club
Ranked #82 of 160 Restaurants in Sayulita
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stopped in for lunch on our first day in Sayulita, attracted by the shady beach-side chairs. The service was excellent and friendly. The property beautiful. I had the best fish tacos ever and my husband enjoyed his shrimp tacos. We sat there for 90 minutes or so and did not feel rushed to vacate the chairs. I'm sure you could find cheaper tacos elsewhere, but it seems fair to charge more for the great location.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Thanks to Mario's attentive, friendly and kind service we happily spent the afternoon on the beach here. Drinks and food both delicious. Muchas gracias!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We have not tried the food which from other reviews are not a highlight

I actually like this place because it was away from the crowds and you can sit in a beach chair for free (Other places charge $20 per day). The service was great and the margaritas were perfect.

Basically you get a beach chair under a palm tree With cool music in a classy environment And great bar service

We would definitely recommend coming back here every day. Maybe not for the food, but for the drinks and the great beach seating in a classy environment

If we tried the food we will update the review

Reviewed 27 February 2018

While walking the beach in Sayulita yesterday, we happened upon this place. It looked very charming, nice bar set up, nice clean banos. However, when the waiter showed up looking surely, that should have been a clue. The fish tacos I ordered were terrible. I shed up bits of cooked fish mixed with a few diced tomatoes...and that was about it. The accompaniments were an ice cold lump of re-fried beans and a bit of wilted lettuce and tomato. I ate two tacos because I was starving. My companions ordered fish and chips. The French fries were cold and the fish resembled pre-fab breadsticks. All this served with nary a smile. One wonders if there is trouble brewing for this place because so little attention to the quality of the food, the service, etc doesn’t match up with the surroundings. It’s too bad because the place is cleverly decorated. Or, perhaps it’s the horrible smell of sewage that drifts through this town - again, a pity as it is a very charming town!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

It wasn't the mediocre food. It was the bait and switch. When we received our bill, there were numerous errors. An extra 400 pesos for something we didn't order. Half of the menu items had 5 to 20 pesos tacked on to the final price. And then, for some reason some pico de Gallo came out with our guacamole. We did not order that, but figured it must have come with the guacamole. Also, we got some tortillas and sauces upon being seated. We were charged for all of these things, unbeknownst to us.

It was a pain to talk to the waiter about the erroneous extras and the fact that the bill prices do not match the menu prices.
Our bill initially came in at $1760 pesos (nearly $100usd) for a lunch of mediocre chicken strips, hamburgers, and 1 round of severely overpriced drinks (we do acknowledge the place is on the beach and well kept up, so we would expect higher prices).
Our big complaint was charging different prices than the menu said, bringing extra dishes we didn't order. I don't think it's honest mistakes, I think that is how this place operates.

We eventually got our bill down to $1260 pesos, but then the waiter had the audacity to rework the bill to $1360 pesos after admitting mistakes.
Would not even consider Frente Al Punto Beach Club for a stop over, EVER. Not honest