Review Highlights
Catching our own supper !

What an awesome way to spend a few hours ! Though we were too late in the season for icebergs... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2020
Michelle M
Corner Brook, Canada
Super friendly sightseeing!

Great tour - super friendly service. They are actually located in St.Lunaire-Griguet - a very... read more

Reviewed 5 September 2019
cousi675
via mobile

All reviews cod keith pilgrims rigging season captain humpbacks
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

We visited the northern arm of Newfoundland in August 2018. Captain Keith provided us with a personal tour. We saw many whales as well as had the opportunity to jig for cod. This tour did not disappoint! Thanks Captain Keith for an amazing experience.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 5 May 2019

I came to the Great Northern Peninsula on Newfoundland Island to chase icebergs. I saw through Newfoundland Iceberg Reports group on Facebook that there was a nice looking one in St. Anthony area. Keith Pilgrim took me out for a wonderful boat tour at sunset. It is a tour that I would highly recommend for a one on one experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2019

We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found Keith Pilgrim with his unique ability to design a perfect bird-watching tour on the spur of the moment. We'd considered going with another tour operator, Dark Tickle, the day before, in their open-bow Zodiac with fifteen or so non-birders, but we were pretty sure we'd get wet because it was so windy. (We'd been in Zodiacs before). And we didn't want a crowd. So we called Keith to see what he thought of conditions, and he suggested we wait until the next day when it was less windy. So we did, and met him and his 20' fishing boat with a small pilot house, in Saint Lunaire-Griquet. It was less windy, but still definitely windy. We are birders, didn't care so much about seeing whales and it wasn't iceberg season. We were eager instead to see rugged scenery from the water, and Keith made it happen. Funny, friendly, skillful, and experienced (he has a Newfoundland fisherman's background and a 'down home' demeanor) and just for good measure, at the end of our two-hour tour, he threw in a jigging line so we could see how the locals land a codfish. And . . . despite waves and wind, we stayed dry. A great time in mid-September for just us!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

This may have been my favourite experience while visiting Newfoundland! We were deciding whether to take a tour with Keith or one of the more well known companies in town and boy were we happy we opted for Captain Keith! His business card lived up to his promise as he certainly "found the whales". We saw tons of humpbacks and were lucky enough to see them breaching but what truly made it a great experience was that he was just as excited as we were!

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

My 15 year old son and I arrived in St. Anthony on a last minute trip from Ontario and I contacted Keith via the Facebook group Newfoundland Iceberg Reports and I knew right away we were in good hands.
Keith completely went out of his way to make sure we had an amazing experience searching for both icebergs and whales.
Luckily we got to experience both on our tour!
Keith scooped up some iceberg ice for us to try and had an answer for all of my son’s questions of which there were ALOT!
After our tour we stopped a short distance away from Iceberg Alley Boat Tours for lunch at The Daily Catch for an authentic lobster meal!
The whole day was completely unforgettable but now I’m homesick for Newfoundland and specifically St. Anthony every time I see an iceberg
Thanks Keith!
See you the next time Sunwing has a seat sale on!

1  Thank Melissa H