“Gross”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Beaumont, California
“Gross”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This was the worst hotel/motel i've ever stayed in. The carpet was filthy I refused to walk around unless I had my shoes, the room smelled of smoke when it was non-smoking, the towels smelled extremely smokey. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. I couldn't sleep because it was filthy and I couldn't wait to get out of there... I never want to think of this place again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Here are my overall impressions......Good: front desk lady (Wilma I think) was pretty nice, good price, big rooms, in general clean and smell free, extra soap and shampoo. Bad: outdated, maintenence had apparently just installed a towel rack and did some work in the shower and there were piles of drywall dust in the bathroom, not a great part of town (but that was my choice to stay there), shower sucked (old and it showed). If I had to stay in that part of town again I would consider staying here but only because it was cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. Definitely one of the worst Days Inns Ive stayed in but not a rat hole.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Hazelwood hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2011

hotel was run down, there were people living there lots of them! the beds were comfortable, staff was friendly. BUT i was visiting from michigan and knew nothing about the area, its not very nice, my car got broke in to, athough the police rode up on them while they were doing it so they didnt get any thing, i packed up and left!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Aylmer, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights and were disappointed when we arrived. This location is VERY old and the format of the hotel shows it. There is no front desk access after 9p so plan ahead. It has the feel of a cheap motel. The rooms are less than desired and are decorated with mix-n-match furniture. The bed had cigarette stains as well. The pool closed hours earlier than advertised. There were no high chairs in the breakfast area. The place had a VERY unsafe feeling.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 August 2011

This was our worst motel/hotel experience EVER! We were all so tired that there was no strength left to lug all of our luggage back to the car and find another motel. You could smell the bathroom (go ahead, guess which scent) from the door! The only reason I took the room was because I had been told at check in that this room was a double King at a double, double bed price. I know that double Kings are rare but, what the heck. LIARS!! They saw me coming and took advantage. We could barely keep our eyes open. What we got was a double, double bed room. I called the front desk to inform them of their error and was told, "Sorry, I told you wrong. We only have double, double bed rooms. Would you like to change rooms?" "To what?" I asked. At this point, I see my granddaughter has fallen asleep on the floor! OMG!! One of us grabs the child while the rest of us rummage through our bags looking for Lysol! Lucky for us, the carwash kit I keep in my trunk has rubber gloves in it and various cleaners. I have never asked to see a room before I checked in. From here on out.....I will be inspecting all of my rooms!!

Room Tip: Inspect your room BEFORE checking in.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
0.4 km away
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
#8 of 12 in Berkeley
4.8 km away
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis

Been to Days Inn St. Louis North? Share your experiences!