“No flavor in the grilled chicken”
Review of Meglio's Italian Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Meglio's Italian Grill & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was the first time here. We got the 2 meals and appetizer for $25.00. Both got the grilled chicken sandwich. One side being the house salad with grandmas dressing--which was very good. Other side was onion rings-Crispy and about 3/8" thick (would get them again). Now for the grilled chicken sandwich--NO flavor at all, the chicken piece only covered about 1/2 of the bun. Very disappointed and would not order it again. Asked the waitress about the cannelloni--she flipped over the menu and said here read this it will tell you what it is. <really?> Well from what I know of cannelloni it is a shell stuffed with meat and sauce. We got chunks of a pork mixture (no shell) that had been fried and sauce served on the side. It was very dry even with the sauce which didnt have much of a flavor. It took about 45 minutes to get lunch (on a Wednesday at 12:30pm) The server was very busy as I think she was the only one there. It shouldn't of taken so long to get our food. She kept saying sorry it will be right out. By the time we got our food--we had to get a box to go as we were on limited time. We sat in a booth--not very much room as the table was almost up against us. Both being average in size, if someone was quite heavy ~ there would be no way they would be able to sit at a booth.
Will NOT be returning here that's for sure. cost was $34 for 2 people including soda's.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My mother and I have ate here twice and I must say the second time was much better. They've remodeled and separated the bar from the dining are ( nice touch) and the food was better. Although their Alfredo is bland and tasteless. Other than it being a little pricey it's not to bad.

1  Thank brianmiller830
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We visited Meglios while spending the weekend in the St. Louis area. Locally owned by the grandson of of Grandma Luigi, famous for pizza and pasta back in the day. We had salads with 'Grandma's dressing', fettuccine alfredo and Ribeye with handmade toasted Ravioli apps. All the food was most excellent. The staff was very hospitable and the restaurant was nice. We'll most likely return next time we're in the St. Louis area

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Wife and I enjoyed the good food and atmosphere at Meglio's. We stopped by for the first time one evening for dinner. The staff were very friendly and food was very good. I would give it a 4plus rating on 1 to 5 scale. Thanks we'll be back!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I went there tonight, and everything was wonderful! Our waiter Sarah (sorry if I misspelled it), was terrific. She knew the menu inside and out, and she was sweet and bubbly. Tony, one of the managers, was also terrific, he sat down with us for ten minutes and talked with us. The food was excellent! The pizza was top notch, the toasted ravioli was awesome, and the salad was beyond words! Best of all, it was priced very reasonable. I could not find anything wrong with this place. I can't wait to come back here!