“If you like trains and you'r in Hannibal MO, this is a good place to stop”

Big River Train Town
Ranked #8 of 31 things to do in Hannibal
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were visiting Hannibal and our kids enjoy model trains so we made sure we stopped at Big River Train Town. This is a combination model train hobby shop and museum. You can browse the store for free. If you want to visit the "museum" part of the shop I think it was something like $5 or 6 for the whole family. It is certainly not a "massive" display, but it is impressive and it is definitely worth a visit if you or anyone in your family enjoys model railroading. There were several interactive elements of the displays. There were some displays where you could control the direction and speed of the train. The big display in the middle of the room was a little different. The trains were just always running, but there were several push buttons around the side of the display that you could press to activate various features inside the display. We spent longer here than I would have expected but it was more than worth the time and cost. We all enjoyed our visit.

All reviews
"model train"
in 6 reviews
"love trains"
in 4 reviews
"the owner"
in 15 reviews
"great place to take kids"
"train lovers"
"hobby"
"lionel"
"collectibles"

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Big River was such a surprise to me! My daughter and I have been to Hannibal many times but have never ventured into this store. I am extremely glad that we decided to do so on this particular trip!
There is a very large room just dedicated to the largest set up electric model working trains I have ever seen!! It is a must see for any adult or child! Don’t miss it!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Great place to take kids of all ages. We spent more time here than we did in any of the other attractions in town. I have 3 boys, 4 counting my husband. We all loved the trains and having the opportunity to make them go.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

For $5 we got to see a lot of great train artifacts and see the model trains run. The customer service at this location was great. It was fun.