“Worst hotel ever”

The Hannibal Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed 30 May 2017

i booked this hotel for memorial day weekend outside it looks like a rundown shack ready to fall apart at any time ... i went inside and the smell was horrible it smelled like a aquarium full of dead fish the rooms were horrible the paint chipped off the wall the carpet had red and yellow stains near the door step as if it looked like dried blood the bathroom was disgusting the toilet water was brown the tub was rusty and the bath towels was yellow i looked out to the tub the water was filthy and the hot tub look like soapy water .. i immediately picked up my bags walked towards the front desk put the key card on the desk and said keep the money because it was in need of it more than i did i would not recommend this to anybody not even my own worst enemy

Room Tip: choose another hotel and don't pick this one
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Well first off the outside of the building is very wore down looking and kinda sketchy looking. Once you get to the lobby it looks a little better but still nothing great. Not aloud to check in until 2 which is kinda of a pain when you have plans to do other things. We got double charged for the room when we were finally able to check in because they told us we could use a different card to pay for the room than we used to reserve it. Once we got that taken care and got to our room it was about as bad as the outside of the building. Stains all over the walls and in the bathroom in the tub/ on the toilet. The shower didn't work and the towels were stained yellow. Cob webs in the corners and on the curtains. Ice machines didn't work and the coffee pot was dirty. The pool was very cold and the hot tub was way to hot.
Honestly the only reason this got a 1 star is because there's nothing lower to give.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Fellow_Truth_Teller
Reviewed 9 November 2016

My family stayed here 9 years for a weekend visit to historic Hannibal and it was awesome! However, this time it was just my husband and I staying for one night after spending the day with my daughter at her college for family weekend, and it hasn't changed for the better. It was like walking into the past and everything looked the same except the gaming equipment, hot tub and rooms are really showing their age. The bathtub is starting to show rust so I didn't use the shower. The bed was the best thing about the stay, it was actually pretty comfy! The free breakfast was ok but the juice machine was out of order so the only things to drink were milk or coffee. When we stayed her 9 years ago, they had a huge hot breakfast buffet set up in the conference room and was awesome! If they could go back to the way things used to be and updated the rooms and hotel I would stay again. Until that time, it's not going to happen unless its the only place with a room available.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We spent one night at the Hannibal Inn and conference center when meeting up with family in Hannibal Missouri. It was the weekend of the fall festival and most hotels or charge and premium rates. We got the Hannibal in for a reasonable amount however upon arrival we were very disappointed with the accommodations.
Check in with slow because it was unclear which rooms had been cleaned and which had not. I finally told the front desk clerk, who was alone, to just give me the keys and I would go check the rooms. After checking of the three rooms that we were assigned, two were clean and one was not. That was the beginning of our ordeal. We were then given a different room which turned out to also not be cleaned.
Then we had an issue with the keys not working. After the third attempt, we were assigned another room that had been cleaned but later found out the door would not lock from the outside so we had the chain only.
Rooms and conference facility are fairly clean but very out of date and things that have been painted must've been done by four-year-old.
I would not have wanted to stay there more than one night.
The location of the hotel is in a good spot it's easy to find and close to all Hannibal activities. Swimming pool was nice and there was plenty of room for families to gather in the game room and the pool room.
Breakfast was free with the booking of the room but they kept running out of stuff and they were very few options. Additionally, the breakfast room was very warm, the tables were not cleaned off, and there was this stale smell to the whole place.
This place needs to be totally closed down and remodeled.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank bargainbetty
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I chose to stay at this hotel because of the price...That was dumb! I joke about it now being the "Hotel California"...eek! Upon arrival, there was no front desk attendant...just a phone. So, I picked up the phone...a very high-pitched voice answered on the other side "HELLO"...I was like "I am here for check-in". Then out of nowhere an older man with very few teeth, who appeared to be the maintenance man shows up. He was kind enough, but didn't seem to have a clue what to do with us. So, in attempt to be polite, he offered just to take us to a room without checking in and then have the attendant call us when he arrived, and at that time check-in could take place. Being young and naive, I, along with my fiance, let this man take us to a room. We were just stopping though so we didn't have a reservation, which means there was no record of us even being there....which might be fine in a normal hotel, not this one! We were lead through the nice-ish pool area and saw the pool-side rooms that appeared to be vacant, down a corridor that was poorly lit and cold! It was SOOOO CREEPY! At the time, we still weren't really concerned about the cheap hotel we had chosen to stay at. I am not fancy by any means, and sometimes a crappy hotel stay makes for a good story...so we just kept following the "maintenance man". We get to the first door, he knocks, and yells, "maintenance" a voice on the other side of the door screamed! So, he took us to the next room...that one was empty, but there were chicken bones on the dresser and the room was filthy. The "maintenance man" left us there and said to wait for a call. We looked around the room and waited about 10 minutes and then took our bags and headed to the front desk. I felt terrible for the "maintenance man" as he yelled after us as we were almost running out the front door, "management will be here soon...you don't have to go!" So...long story short, I didn't even make it through the night and just decided to drive the 6 hours back home that afternoon. The story gets better, a few months later my co-worker was planning a trip that had them getting to Hannibal around 7 or 8pm in the evening and she said she was staying the night in town. I jokingly said, "Cool! Just stay clear of The Hannibal Inn!" My jaw dropped as she told me that was exactly where her and her family planned to stay. I told her not to let that clover-shaped pool fool her. She giggled and said that her and her 6'4", 330lb husband would do just fine. HA! They, too, attempted to stay and left after being given a dirty room with chicken bones! Please don't stay here...it is scary and dirty. It just seems like a place where very bad people might gather together. I am sure management is nice enough, but I would worry about safety from other travelers and the hotels lack of security.

Room Tip: Don't Choose This Hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeerBreadPeddler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
4.9 km away
2 km away
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#5 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to The Hannibal Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!