All reviews room was clean jefferson city receptionist kitchenette desk
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The reservation was made with Travelier weeks in advance of our planned trip,When we were advised by family that the motel may still be under renovation a call was made inquiring about the renovations. We were told that many renovations were complete and we would have a smoke-free renovated room. Being that I spent many childhood summers in Fulton/Callaway county I remembered the easy living of a small town and told my partner not to compare to city living nor to expect 4 star accommodations. I do not know which of us was more shocked once we opened the door the carpet was so filthy, to look at it caused my body to tingle. The television was dated which would not have been a big deal if the dish worked properly and the "queen" bed looked more like a double with a twin sized spread. Also, the room was not smoke-free (a room declared smoke free generally means, at a minimum, that you will not be permitted to smoke anywhere inside the building, on a balcony or within 3 metres outside of the building). There were cigarette butts everywhere outside of the room. The management has a long way to go to meet the definition of smoke-free, Possibly, removing the cigarette extinguisher cans away from the doors would be a great start or update your website.
After a few minutes of discussion we returned to the front office and spoke with the staff and was assigned one of the upgraded rooms. It was actually the room shown on the website, very country chic. I did admire the outside patio and arbor area but I did not like dodging the large pot holes. Definitely not "home away from home" but the nice staff and the peaceful rest balanced out the negative attributes of our stay therefore, our stay was average.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front facing the street are possibly the NICER rooms avoid rooms at the back directly under the office.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We had made a reservation at the Traveller when our plans called for our dog to travel with us. Our travel plans changed such that only my wife and I needed accommodations. We had spent the afternoon at a wedding in a hot and humid location and we were looking forward to a restful evening in an air conditioned room. Unfortunately we were in room 49, which was not one of the refurbished rooms. The window air conditioner, which looked like it was last cleaned quite some time ago, was off when we got to the room. We turned it on and noticed that it was going to take hours to cool off the room, which wasn't very large to begin with. We then found bugs in the shower and toilet and the overall room condition could have been considered dated at best. We made a decision to check out of the room less than 15 minutes after checking in. We want to support local family-owned establishments, but we could not bring ourselves to overlook the issues we found. Maybe we got the worst room in the bunch, but I don't think we will back to find out. Sorry. I didn't argue for a refund in the hopes that our $77 could be used to help pay for upgrades to room 49.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Enjoyable and pet friendly hotel just a short distance outside of Jefferson City. The room was large and comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. Price was worth the short drive from work. Receptionist was friendly and helpful for anything we needed. will definitely stay here the next time in town.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My room was dirty when I checked in. Why have WiFi if it doesn’t work. Their idea of a kitchenette is a stovetop with no dishes or pots or pans with the same size refrigerators as that are in regular rooms. I’m here only because all other hotels are booked. I won’t be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank lance l
Bradfordproctor, Owner at Travelier Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

I apologize for what seems to have been an unpleasant experience at our hotel. Unlike the larger chain hotels in the area, some of our rooms have a floor plan that may not be what your use to. With all of the other hotels being booked in town, there is a good chance that we to were fully booked. Unfortunately, not all of our rooms have been completely remodeled as we are in the process of making many changes and upgrades. Most likely, you stayed in one of the two remaining rooms that are slotted to be renovated this very month. Rooms that have not yet been through the renovation process are always the last rooms rented out. I assure you, that while some of our furnishings in those rooms may have been a bit dated or showing wear, those rooms are clean. Our hotel is unique among a sea of cookie cutter hotels. Some guests welcome those subtle quaint difference while others, understandably do not.. Many enjoy the fact and appreciate that we are family owned and operated. although our hotel was built in the mid 50's, we have made upgrades to incorporate modern conveniences such as WiFi, Dish Network and for the extended stay guest, a kitchenette. Room size and floor plans generally dictate the type and size of an appliance. Some rooms have larger refrigerators because it makes sense while others do not. Some kitchenettes have full stoves with ovens while some just a stove top. These differences are reflected in the pricing the same way you may expect when renting a room with a queen bed verses a room with two queen beds. Kitchenettes do have dishes and cookware. If we are not renting the room for an extended stay period or we rented it at a significant discount, it is our policy to not stock it with dishes and cookware. Nightly guests generally do not stay in kitchenettes unless they specifically request one. Kitchenettes are usually reserved for extended stay guests. When the whole town is full because of a large event, we will open them up for a lucky guest just like yourself who waited to long to book at their first choice. Construction crews, hunters and traveling family's tired of eating fast food are usually the ones who rent a kitchenette. Thanks for staying!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was a terrible experience! There was enough sand in the bed we could have build a sand castle and someone else's hair in our bed. The shower had so much calcification that the water shot out over the door & hit the wall, couldn't even wash hair. The good thing was the air conditioner worked.

Room Tip: There are few rooms in the front of the building that have apparently been renovated. If you can't stay in one of those, don't stay.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family