“Best steakhouse”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Anzeiger
Description: Kreis' has been a St. Louis favorite for over 60 years. Famous for our world renowned Prime Rib.
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Best steakhouse in st. Louis
Love the prime rib. Great family and old world feel. Servers are professional career folks. Go here

Reviewed 5 April 2017

A wonderful dinner with my sweetie. A special occasion for us! Great food and service, We will be back.

1  Thank jdsphar
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We returned after many years away to find that Kreis still excels in their meat selections, particularly their prime rib. You have your choice of queen or king cuts and either comes prepared as you ordered it. Reservations are a must as we ended up with the next to last table by the bar early on a Wednesday evening. If your tastes run to traditional steak houses then you will love Kreis' food and service. Great food and wonderful service too!

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

It was a mixed bag experience for our dinner. The bartender was great, as were the drinks while we waited for a table. As others have mentioned it is a bit cramped but still OK. The service was good. It my filet was overlooked. For the price and the religion of being the best steakhouse in STL, I expected more.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We had dinner here last Saturday night and it was disappointing. My husband and I really like this restaurant and go quite often. On Saturday, we brought four friends so there were six of us. We sat upstairs in the room with the kitchen entrance on the side wall. It was extremely crowded and cramped. It seemed like they added tables to handle extra reservations. We were sitting on top of each other and customers at other tables. Our waiter was completely distracted. As we ordered, he was not paying attention to the person ordering but looking at other tables. Therefore, he got one of the orders wrong which resulted in a more expensive meal for that person. Overall, three of us were satisfied with our meals and three were not. However, none of us were satisfied with atmosphere or the service. This is the worst service we have ever had at Kreis'. Given the expense of dining here, the service should be exceptional!! My husband and I might return but I'm confident our friends will not.