“Small restaurant with great food.”

Galati's Pizza Pasta Grill
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Foristell
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here for dinner with my wife. The restaurant is located in the old post office so it's not very big. I think they have about 10 tables. We were seated right away as there were only three other tables with customers. One waitress covered the whole restaurant so she was moving amongst all of us. We decided to go with the special of the day which included salad, entree, dessert and a glass of wine. The price was $23 which was not too bad considering it covered everything.

The salad was pretty standard: lettuce, tomatoes, onion and olive and house oil and vinegar dressing. There are no other dressing options but it was fine.

Entree was penne alla vodka which was very good. We both received a large portion of noodles and a healthy amount of sauce. My wife and I enjoyed it quite a bit. She had leftovers.

Dessert was a choice of cannoli or tiramisu. We both had the tiramisu. It was ok but not great by any means. I think it lacked the coffee flavor more than anything. It was a good portion as well.

We also had a choice of six or so wines to choose from.

I have heard that the pizza is really good and they do have a special on them once a week.

Overall we enjoyed our meal. If you are in the area and want to try italian food without having to drive down to The Hill in St Louis, give it a shot.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Our supper club group of 12 (going out once a month to different restaurants for over 30 years) had a very enjoyable dinner here last night. The food was outstanding, and the service staff was a lot of fun. While some of the negative comments I see on the site have some validity (e.g. limited beer selection) I would rate our dinner here very favorably compared to the many larger and more well-known restaurants in the St. Louis/St. Charles area that we have gone to over these many years. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We were on our way from to CO and chose to stay in Foristell, MO at the Quality Inn (another wonderful surprise). We found Galati's Pizza Pasta very close to our hotel - - FANTASTIC FOOD - - beginning with the bread and then the salad - - and then the entree'. We got the Pasta Boulognaise (sp?) and it knocked our socks off.
Everything is made on the premises and is totally fresh.
This was SO MUCH BETTER than those fast food or frachises at the next exit.
Fabulous surprise and friendly wait staff. We even met the owner Cindy who is so proud of what her husband and she have created. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We live in Wentzville and recently discovered of Galati's. All I can say is where have you been all my life! We went Saturday and it was so good we went back tonight! Pizza is the best I have had in St. Charles County! The artichoke appetizer is hands down the most unique and delicious artichoke dish I have ever had. Great place! They gave new regulars.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

My wife and I met up with some friends (with kids) at Galtati's last weekend. They live near the place and have gotten carryout pizza several times and really liked it. As with many out there my family loves pizza so we stopped in excited to eat.

We were seated promptly as it was still empty, granted it was about 5 on a Saturday. I am not sure how busy they get but did expect more people inside by then. Not a big deal however. The only thing inside that seemed odd were the strips of paper on each table. Everything at this point indicated a hole in the wall pizza place, which was fine (that's why we came).

Their menu had a lot of offerings, many standard fare that you find at Italian eatery's. Pizza, salads, pasta dishes etc. The things I asked was what they had on draft. I really like beer with my pizza and even though a little bit of a beer snob I expected something basic. No draft beer. So I asked if they had bottled and they did but only two offerings, Bud Light and Budweiser at 3.00 a bottle. I went ahead and got a Budweiser but was pretty taken back that it's all they had. It's not difficult to stock up a fridge with some local offerings.

So then I asked what kind of soda they had for the kids. They had a few coke products and water of course. So I got my son a sprite and to my surprise they brought out a can with a glass of ice. Each can of soda was 2.00, this is the first time I have eaten at a sit down restaurant anywhere that they did not have fountain drinks. And at least they could've put it in a glass before bringing it out, it just seemed tacky.

The drink situation would've gotten a pass if this was just a pizza eatery. But they had a bunch of menu options, each at very high prices. I would say 20+ even for the more basic offerings.

As far as prices, the main salads where 10+ dollars each, and the basic house salad with lettuce and Parmesan dust ran 8.50...... The house dressing is a vinegar base, emphasis on the vinegar. I actually am not a fan of vinegar in general so I asked what other dressings they had. They had nothing else... not even ranch. I told our waitress to forget the salad, but she brought me one anyway without any dressing on it. Just a pile of dry lettuce......

Just a warning they do not have a kids menu, instead they offer half orders of pasta for them. My son got the fettuccine Alfredo, if I remember right it was about 8 dollars and came with the same pungent salad. Which I imagine most young children would never eat. So my wife ate it instead. The fettuccine was not impressive, I love fettuccine and have eaten a lot on my life and I have to admit the jarred stuff beats it hands down. You could tell it was reheated as the oils had broke down from the sauce causing a grainy texture.

My wife and I shared a pizza, the carnivore. It had sausage, pepperoni, ham and bacon on it. The crust is a hand tossed style. It was good, very oily (we had to hold each piece up to drain it) but with the meats what do you expect. The crust was chewy and had tasted homemade. The sauce was fairly light (which was nice) and it was good enough that we took the left overs home.

We saw on their site (maybe FB) that they have a good tarimisu, so we opted for a few slices. I believe each one was around 7 dollars. It was pretty lackluster, I barely tasted any coffee flavor, and it was a small piece. I would of felt better if it was half the price.

For 2 adults and 1 child our bill ended up at 69 dollars (85 with tip). There are so many places out there that blow this place away as far as food and value. I felt it was not worth it even with good pizza. I believe the owner passed away not too long ago and kids wanted to keep it open and in turn the quality took a dive? No idea, but I will not be back.

Negatives:
- Overpriced
- No beer selection
- Canned soda
- Zero salad dressing selection
- No kids menu
- Grainy cream sauce
- Lackluster and overpriced desserts

Cons:
- Good pizza

2  Thank Aleforge