“Ridiculous”

Mattingly's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #35 of 163 Restaurants in Florissant
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Doesn’t matter how good the food tastes, a 55 minute wait for 8 wings and fries is unacceptable—especially when they say 25 minutes...whew. Used to be a fave spot of mine but this new extended wait time on food orders is getting out of control. Hire help, people!

1  Thank Tasha T

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Recently moved back home to St Louis to find this place up to its normal tricks...good wings. They have several sauces to choose from, and allow you to mix without an upcharge. Their steak fries loaded with shredded cheese, bacon, salsa, ranch, and sour cream (totally not in the menu but they will accommodate you) are phenomenal! Service can be hectic. Sitting yourself in the crowd can be overwhelming. To go may take forever. But it’s all good.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We've been going to this place for years, and I agree with some other reviewers that it's gone downhill a bit. It's usually hit or miss with both the service and quality of food. For example, usually the pizzas are great; sometimes they're burnt and disappointing. I've never been offered a discount or coupon for any errors that were made in food prep, which is a bit of a letdown, since there have been some doozies... but I've never pushed the matter either. Sometimes the service is outstanding - sometimes it's virtually nonexistent. It's definitely a super casual environment, with a lot of local regulars. It can be a good place to watch a game and have a few beers with friends, or a convenient place from which to order takeout. Pretty decent menu for a sports bar. The cajun chicken wings are a local favorite.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We were there in early February and it will probably be the last time we ever come to this location. They need to close for a couple of weeks and actually clean the place. Floors are sticky, dust everywhere,bathrooms are an absolute disgusting mess and don't look like they have been cleaned in months. The pizza was great as always, but the crust was actually kind of soggy and wet. Never had this problem before at this location. As I said, it still tasted good, it was just weird feeling. The service was pretty bad as well. The waitress couldn't get the order correct, we always had to get her attention to reorder drinks because she never came around. There is some serious management work that needs to be done here.

1  Thank kpann2016
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Just as the title states. This place is addictive. I've had it twice in two days. The Tuscan chicken sandwich is Sooo Delicious!! The basil mayo they use tastes really good. I'm not into sports or bars so I've never eaten in. Their parking lot is always crowded so they are pretty popular. I've been in this area my whole life. Drove past it hundreds of times and never ate it until someone from work ordered me some 15+ years later.... Only carry out and delivery though. Yes!!! They DELIVER! Another reason why it's addicting. If you like Sports Bars Perfect place I guess to enjoy good food while catching a game or having a drink. They are also very reasonably price which is why I can say I'm definitely a new loyal customer. My husband likes their fried chicken bacon sandwich on their Texas toast. He also always gets the BBQ burger and wings. He loves their breakfast which is amazing. The steak and eggs with hash browns was very tasty. French toast is good as well as country fried steak. The southwestern egg rolls are very tasty too. Especially dipped in their avocado ranch. Oh yeah and did I mention the Tuscan chicken???!!! Delicious!!! The chicken breast they use is of great quality! I have to try something else I am so hooked on those things I'm sure all of the food is good. I haven't had anything nasty yet. I have heard the spinach dip and pizza is very good. Those will be my next things to try.