“Go here often... Great little place...”

Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Creve Coeur
Price range: USD 5 - USD 30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2016

I go here just about every time I get to Saint Louis. The workers are very good as this place is always busy. This was the first time I wasn't thrilled with my meal but it wasn't the food just my taste buds. I bought the Thursday special, Crawfish Etouffee.... and it just wasn't for me. My husband liked it though so I got his crab stuffed Haddock but it wasn't to my liking either. My daughter got the crawfish pasta dish and wasn't thrilled... Again, this isn't to say the food was bad.. it wasn't.. just not flavors we prefer. I LOVE their Jambalaya and now know what not to get...

I wasn't thrilled at having to wait for my waitress to finish my check out process as she was taking orders from a large group. She should have handed it off to someone else to finish instead of making us wait. She was a very attentive waitress otherwise.

I will definitely go back!

Date of visit: March 2016
Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Thanks for the great review, Susie. While it's disappointing that the food wasn't to your liking last time around, I really appreciate the honest feedback. Also, I'm sorry that we kept you waiting a bit when you were trying to be on your way. Usually, we try to get folks taken care of quickly and thoroughly. You can expect the full five-star experience next time around. Hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Back to Gulf Shores for Sunday Brunch! We just love this place! Great service, atmosphere and most of all FLAVOR! When you live this far from from the water it's great to have a solid goto place for seafood and spice that's nice!

Date of visit: February 2016
Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

We're proud to be your go-to spot for fresh seafood! You can always count on us for an authentic and flavorful experience. Looking forward to the next time you stop by for a meal!

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

Great coconut shrimp, good drinks, waiter was prompt and helpful. Nice sized portions and a good dinner experience overall. Nice and casual too.

Date of visit: February 2016
Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Glad you enjoyed everything. The coconut shrimp is a great choice! There's definitely plenty more great seafood/drinks where that came from, and we hope you'll join us again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Loved the scallops that both my wife and I had. Filet a bit overdone, but good. Salads, desert and service superb.

Date of visit: February 2016

Glad you and your wife loved the scallops. My apologies that the filet was a bit overdone. I have no doubt that we'll knock it out of the park for you on the next visit. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Amazing Food! I had the crab legs, red beans & rice, cole slaw & corn bread muffin. My boyfriend had the Ragin Cajun! We had gator bites & fried pickled as an appetizer. We also tried their Bread Pudding for dessert. Will definitely go back! It's a very busy place & took us 45 minutes to be seated....but so worth it!

Date of visit: February 2016
Harry P, Owner at Gulf Shores Restaurant and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

First and foremost, Mindy, thank you for your patience during the wait -- the word is definitely out about our place. That said, I'm so happy you enjoyed the crab legs, red beans & rice, cole slaw, and corn bread. Nice choice on the appetizers and dessert as well. Couldn't have done it better myself! I'll be looking forward to having you back for round two. Hope to see you soon!