“Fairly new with a great staff”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed here after a 10 hr drive in some rather nasty weather. Had no reservation, but they had a couple of rooms left. Everything was as expectied or better. I have become leary of choice hotels due to the number of run down properties they are passing off as quality hotels. I would recomend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for your response! We are pleased that everything was satisfactory, and that you would recommend us to others. Hope you will stop by the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here without a reservation. Arrived in Columbia after 12 hours of driving to find all the hotels packed with high school students in town for some state-wide competition. The Comfort Suites was the first hotel I stopped at that actually had rooms and I feared the worst but was too tired to care.

The young man at the front desk was really nice and gave me a room on the top floor so no one would be making noise above me (something I was too sleepy to even consider) and assured me that the staff would be walking the halls to make sure everything was quiet. I guess they did - or these were the best behaved high schoolers on the planet - because there were no issues with noise, and I'm not a heavy sleeper.

The breakfast was good and the internet pretty fast at the business center. My room was really clean and comfortable. I feared a sleepless night but this hotel was a great surprise!

Room Tip: If you have a preference, don't be afraid to ask for it. The staff is really nice and will likel...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AaBl

Thank you for your response. It is great to hear that our staff is keeping the Hotel comfortable and quiet for all of our guests to get some sleep on our busy weekends. We truly appreciate your "tip" about our staff members and promise to keep up the great work. Hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We switched from HiltonHHonors some years ago, and are nothing but satisfied. This hotel is either new or nearly so, and they met our every expectation.

As Elite Gold Members, we were given a discount. Breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We book thru Choice Hotels.com, and always get a good rate. These hotels are certainly not perfect...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you to our Elite Gold Members for your review! I am pleased to hear your stay was wonderful and our services and amenities were satisfactory! We hope to see you again soon and thanks for the reservation tip!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is a great hotel for your stay in Columbia. Perfect location to downtown and West Columbia, easy access to I-20 and I-26. Great staff who will do anything to make your stay comfortable. New upgrades to the room (Flat Screen TV and new vanity) make a great addition. Perfect for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

Our staff thanks you for the wonderful response. I am pleased to hear your business trip went well and our accommodations well suited your needs! Hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbia.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Hotel is great place to stay. Need to watch to get off the road to the hotel at the right turn off. Had bottled water for us at check in and cookies. Friendly staff. Room was clean and breakfast the usual Comfort Suites faire but well presented and a good start for the day. We have stayed here before and came back to the same hotel. Nice antique shop close by.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Erin G, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Thank you for your response. It is great to hear you stopped by to visit our property and had a wonderful night's rest. I am happy every aspect of your stay was delightful and we started your stay off for success! We hope to see you again soon!