All reviews glenn's cafe historic hotel soaking tub electric blinds michael jackson two blocks corner room great downtown valet parking is in town huge bathroom room service rooms are spacious cute shops wedding party within walking distance chain hotels
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

As Mizzou football season ticket holders, we generally just spend the day in CoMo for the game then head home. Decided to spend two nights at The Tiger Hotel with the kids over Labor Day weekend since it was the home opener. Very happy with this hotel! It is within walking distance to Faurot Field, restaurants, Mizzou campus and the vibrant downtown nightlife. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the rooms are spacious, clean, tastefully decorated and well appointed. Thank you to our valet Scott for his wonderful dinner and brunch suggestions and for taking great care of us! We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicole C, Manager at The Tiger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our team strives to create a great experience for our guest by keeping our rooms clean and our staff responsive.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel in downtown Columbia is the perfect blend of historic with updated features. The location was great, with many shopping, dining, and "hanging out" choices. The front desk staff was courteous and provided great customer service. The lobby was beautiful and our corner room was spacious with plenty of light from three windows. The bathroom was a good size and it had a deep soaking tub. There was a Keurig in the room with free Starbucks coffee. The mini fridge was stocked with many beverage options, for a price. There is no ice machine in the hotel but if you call down and ask the front desk for ice, they will bring up a bucket. There is a restaurant next door, Glenn's Cafe, that you can order room service from. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank your for your wonderful comment and great review about our property.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This was my first time in Columbia and it was for business so I was traveling alone. I am so glad I picked this hotel to stay in! The front desk girl was beyond sweet, especially since I asked her a million questions. I am not usually an annoying guest, but for some reason, I definitely was on this trip.
I asked for fresh sheets since I had just seen a youtube video on how 3/10 hotels don't change sheets and she had someone come right away. I left a package in the (amazing) chocolate shop and she had someone bring that up to me too (ps. go there, in hotel lobby and they have free samples!)
The rooms are nice and large - definitely updated recently. The fridge was awesome - stacked with goodies. There are SOO many restaurants and cute shops within walking distance.
Overall, I highly recommend and would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2017
Management response:Responded 26 August 2017

Dear McKenzie,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving us a great review. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to delivery outstanding service. Your are certainly right about our recently updated rooms and great selection of snacks. I will pass your message to our front desk staff! We hope to see you soon!

Kind Regards,

Nadia Ryakhmyatullov

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Back at one of my top hotels for Columbia and it did not disappoint. In fact, hotel staff saved the day. Marielle at check in could not find my reservation ... later confirmed a mixed up at the university led to no reservation. But even though nearly full she got me in. She was incredibly helpful esp. as I was embarrassed at the mistake. Also helped by a local speech major at check in but don't remember her name. But all the staff interactions were wonderful.

Loved the rooms, and I have in the past. Did get a junior suite which is a bit larger but main attraction was the corner room with great views. Bed wonderful, small sitting / work area, and huge bathroom. Everything great. Used the valet parking quite a bit which worked pretty well, esp. if I called down a few minutes to the front desk so the car was more or less ready when I came down.

Location as others have written is one of the draws. Plus the historical nature of the hotel and the staff. All outstanding.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank ordglobal
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were here for a couple nights last week. The hotel is downtown, within walking distance to campus and lots of restaurants, and gorgeous. Lobby is beautiful. We got there about 1:00, and were told they would not check us in until 3 (most hotels will check you in and let you know when your room is ready). That was just the beginning of lots of small problems. Our room was generally well designed, beds comfortable, air conditioning OK (except in the halls, which were very hot). There was a display of snacks for sale, and a small fridge, which was full of drinks for sale. I pushed them back to I'd have room for my water bottle. There was no ice bucket or machine visible, so the next time I was downstairs, I asked. They said they would send someone up with ice, but they never showed. The outlet on the desk lamp didn't work. The TV was a bit small, but it accepted my Firestick, and it worked well during the day, but the internet was weak at night. And the TV had TCM (a favorite), no local baseball (St. Louis or Kansas City), and none of the channels were digital, just analog signals. We had a "garden suite" with a patio, but it was locked with a sign that said we could go to the front desk and for a fee get a key. I guess because it's a college town? Beds were fine, but the pillows (5 per bed) were all gigantic king sized ones, which are hard to maneuver around. The beds were on a platform, and easily slid around, so every time we got up, we had to push them back to the center. There were two nice side chairs, but no small table near them. Bathroom was huge, with a deep bathtub, but no grab bars, only slick surfaces to hold on to. If you are short, be aware you may not be able to get in or out of the tub safely. It also did not have a low soap dish for bathers. There was only one bar of soap for the room, so we kept having to move it between the tub and the sink. The rain shower was not adjustable, so the soft setting made it hard to get soap out of long, thick hair. Parking is terrible, the valet couldn't accept more cars, so we were forced to park on the street and feed the meter every two hours during the day. We were a bit late one day, and got a ticket. Not acceptable. The whole experience was like a bunch of kids decided to open a hotel, got an avant-garde designer, but then didn't know how to run the thing.

Date of stay: July 2017