“Delicious ramen”

Matane Japanese Dining
Ranked #82 of 219 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean, Seafood
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

First and foremost the service here was impressively pleasant. I went in for lunch about 20 minutes before whey closed and didn't feel rushed at all. I was in a sushi mood however I observed a display at the entrance announcing a miso ramen special. BAM! That's what I'll have sir.

I snagged a seat at the bar; as I was the only person in the house I felt like I may as well get comfy. From the bar view I could see the fresh fish in their sushi case while I gave the rest of the place a once-over. Very nice décor, clean and plenty of seating available.

The delicious & plentiful ramen came with a salad for a nominal $9 steal. The broth was superbly seasoned, noodles perfectly tender, egg poached just right. I enjoyed the food tremendously and friendly service gets me every time.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

We went here on a Saturday night, and expected it to be busy. We were the only table for a while. We ordered a Negiri plate, and some tempura and soup. Everything was delicious and the staff was nice. Would go back if we are in the area again. They had a small selection of Sake, which was tasty.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

1.0 star rating

2/29/2016

The food may indeed be wonderful, but these folks have to get into the 21st century. Wanted to go last night for dinner, and checked the web to ensure their hours.

When we arrived there was a sign saying in essence, "Sorry we changed our mind and are closed on Sundays and open on Mondays now." At least you put a paper sign in the window?

It is called the internet people and if the internet says you are open and you are not, then damn, you need to get it corrected.

I will probably never know how good the food is, I am so perturbed at Matane, that it is doubtful that my wife and I will return. Aysin K, says the service is bad, but from a food standpoint and that the use of a Groupon was denigrated. I think I am going to throw ours away!

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

The Service is grate, the rolls are excellent, my favorite is St. Louis Roll, roll are served with salad or soup, both good.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I am not a fan of sushi and I was a little reluctant to try this place for dinner but a friend if mine talked me into trying it. This is a small family owned restaurant and the staff is extremely polite and understanding. It took a little explaining to figure out what I wanted but we started with a simple California roll for an appetizer and my dinner was a combination of sushi and chicken, rice and vegetables. It was a different experience for me, but it was worth it and I have been back. It is a great place to try something different and the sushi was a great experience for me.