“horrible service...go somewhere else!”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently stopped in for lunch because we were in the area and we always love going to macaroni grills when we travel. It was around 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon. We were quickly seated and noticed there were only three other parties in the restaurant. We waited 15 minutes for a waiter to even come up and greet us/take our drink orders. We watched as he waited on tables that had came in after we did. The entire meal was a waiting game. After giving us 20 minutes to look over the menus, he then told us about the specials. When we said we were ordering off the regular menu, the waiter goes "well why did you just let me read off all those specials and waste my time". Really? It took you five seconds and we have been sitting here for 35 minutes waiting on you. We watched as our food sat under the warmer for several minutes. We then waited forever for our check and credit card receipt. By the time we left, we realized we had been there for two hours...ridiculous for lunch!

1  Thank jlgg2012

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were staying in the area, and wanted to have a family dinner out. There were many restaraunts to choose from, but I had a good experience at the Macaroni Grill in South County, so we tried here. We arrived to a half full restaurant, at 6pm on a Saturday night. There were 5 in our party. We waited for over 10 minutes for anyone to show up to take our drink orders, and we should have just left then. We ordered 2 appetizers, sodas, and 5 full dinners(3 steaks, 1 chicken salad, one spaghetti meal) This is over $210 worth of food. It took 30 minutes for the appetizers, which were okay. Then, 30 minutes later, the waiter came and said the food would be 5-7 minutes. The restaurant was NOT very busy at all. So, we waited another 20 minutes, and he came back and said it would be another 20 minutes. I told him that was ridiculous, what on earth was the problem? He said he'd send the manager over. 20 minutes later, the waiter shows up with 2 of the 3 steaks, and leaves. DID not apologize. 10 minutes later, the MANAGER shows up, and says, what's missing? so we tell him, and tell him that this is outrageous, where is the food? And, 2 of the steaks were to be medium well, but they were rare? The waiter shows back up 10 minutes later with the other 3 orders, and says here it is, the kitchen is slow tonight. I tell him that's ridiculous, and unacceptable. We eat our food in silence, even though the spaghetti was cold, and the steaks were rare, and not medium well. DOES NOT come back to check on ANYTHING. We get halfway done, and quit eating. Waiter comes to clear the table, he says the manager has decided to comp the meal except for the chicken salad and appetizers. I tell the waiter, great. But this is still ridiculous, and you should have come back to check and see if everything was okay, even though you didn't care. The MANAGER should have come back at the very least. My family and I will NEVER ever eat at that Macaroni Grill again. There is no reason for dinner to take 2 1/2 hrs. I don't mind paying a $210 or 250 dinner bill, if the food and service are good. That was not the case in this restaurant.

1  Thank bluemooniris
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Recently meet two other couple here for a Friday evening get together. The food is good, not great, but consistent. The service was excellent. They have revamped the menu since our last visit and we were all surprised by the new selections. The prices are very reasonable and the serving sizes and more than generous. I had the Italian Bake which was a good mix of pasta and meats. My wife had the chicken spedini and was not impressed. It was not crowded considering it was Friday evening. We certainly will go back.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have celiac disease, and need to eat gluten free. I was excited that Romano's macaroni grill had a gluten free menu, and that I could eat a meal out with my daughter and boyfriend before a movie. Our server even acknowledged that he knew gluten free was to be taken seriously, because his girlfriend was gluten free.
I ordered the Shrimp Portofino- gluten free, with gluten free pasta, and the caesar salad- gluten free with no crutons. The pasta was not even cooked thoroghly. Some noodles were chewy- almost dried out. The meal went fairly well for everyone else, and we went straight to our movie. Halfway through the movie, I felt nauseous, and had to leave my seat to go to the restroom. I was violently ill, with vomiting, and stomach cramps for 2 hours. I missed the movie ending, frightened my 7 year old daughter to tears, and was humiliated by being sick in public. My boyfriend had to drive us all home in my car, with me unconscious the whole way home, and then help me into the house.
This was the absolute worst reaction I have ever had from contamination. Do NOT eat here if you have ANY food allergies, sensitivities, or intolerance. They obviously cannot take care to keep customers from getting sick.

1  Thank sarah s
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Seems the menu always has something new on it. Never had anything that wasn't scrumptious. Service is always good. Close to home and one of our favorite places.

1  Thank cindykellison