All reviews place to stay state park roaring river trout adjoining rooms fire pit new friends motorcycle trip fresh towels hill motel fishing rv sons branson generations truck
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Always very nice place, the owner are always friendly and helpful, rooms are very clean and decor fits with rustic surrounding of ROARING STATE PARK it is close to many activities including table rock lake, wate slide across the street and great trout fishing Just over the hill and Eurika Spring is just a few minutes away

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ratodd r
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I have taken my family twice now and love it. They have so much sun there. The site is clean and not too expensive. the facility are pretty clean too. It is a very organized place to go camping and fishing.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jenniferorsburn
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Around Roaring River State Park there are no major hotel chains, just a lot of mom & pop motels. So you don't have a lot of choices. We stayed here because of the good reviews. The place is clean and it's close to the State Park. But that's about it.

The walls are paper thin so if there is anybody next door, you can hear EVERYTHING. And if anyone is cooking, you can smell whatever it is they are cooking. There are no hair dryers in the restrooms, nor shampoo. The beds in our room were average at best. The owners have a lot of rules, including strict rules about late check out, not taking your towels outside the room, cancellation policies, etc.

i probably would not stay here again unless I had no other options.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelFanXP
syndi c, Owner at Roaring River Resort & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our resort. I am unsure why you would need to take towels from your room, when we supply towels for the pool and sell rags for fishing.
Also, all mattresses are new within the last 2 years, pillow tops 2014 & plush 2016. Had you a need for a blow dryer or shampoo, I do have those in the office for customer use. It has been my experience that all hotels, motels, and resorts have a check out time for their guests. And unless arrangements are made prior to arrival, room placement can decide whether a later departure time can be arranged. As you have noted, it is an older resort and even though we try to update, replace, and refresh many things, somethings will stay the same. I hope if you return to the area, that you can find accommodations that more adequately suit your needs more.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We had another nice stay at the "apartment" at this place. Only regret was it's really not handicap friendly. Leaves were beginning to turn, caught some trout and enjoyed some relaxing time with family!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This Motes was the best I have been in for a very long time. Very well kept, clean, didn't smell, could use some updating in the bathrooms, but all was very clean. We had a kitchenette and it had a microwave, regular size coffee pot, toaster, stove and oven, pots and pans, utensils, plates and glasses. Full size frig. Nice 4 person dining table, leather chair and 2 queen beds, color TV and desk. I will stay here again if I'm in the area. also has a pool, closed for the season. also has RV hook up area and free standing cabins. The motel has 1 story in the front and 2 story in the back.
Fire pit and grill with a covered picnic area in the front.
We joined a group at the fire pit for an evening of new friends and great conversation.
Thanks for making my surprise weekend trip great!

Room Tip: We had a corner room. You can still hear the folks behind you. Shut the bathroom door and it's quiet
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple