“NEW OWNERS, SAME CREEPY PAINTINGS”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed 24 November 2017

If you're a Precious Moments aficionado, you'll love this place, If those images creep you out, well, just ignore them because the rooms themselves are perfectly fine. The first two times I stayed here, this was a Best Western property. In 2016 it had gone independent. Now it's a Quality Inn. Nothing has really changed except the signage. The rooms are still largely proportioned, the furniture is still mostly faux-Chippendale dark wood, the beds are still comfortable, and the bathroom amenities adequate. There's still a separate encasement for the 3' mini-fridge and microwave. Everything's really the same -- even the Precious Moments paintings.

Maybe I stay here during off-periods (I'm there annually in early November), but this place always seems relatively deserted. Perhaps there are PM gatherings during which they pack in fans, but I've hardly ever seen another soul here. Those with mobility issues should request a 1st floor room in the east-west wing close to a lettered exterior door. A free breakfast is offered on the 2nd floor of the large lobby area.

The room has the usual expected bells and whistles and are noticeably large. Sockets are convenient (I use a C-Pap machine), but lighting wattage is low as one so often finds in lodgings these days. This can make reading or computer work rather trying. I've always found heating/air conditioning here to work extremely well. There are not a lot of close-by eating options of note. On the corner is what was formerly a buffet which has now been closed for several years. Access to I-49/US 71 as well as I-44 is remarkably convenient. Quiet prevails here which can be a blessing after an 8- or 9-hour drive as is my case upon arrival each year.

Had I known this was a Quality Inn, I would have tried to book it on their site to garner points. However, I booked it on Hotwire and got what I assume was a slightly cheaper rate. At any rate (price, that is), you can't really go too wrong here. Then again, you don't have too much of a choice in this neck of the woods!

P.S. Front desk personnel (even if they're not waiting on a guest) should not regale colleagues with their state of fatigue, their schedule, their other issues, etc. when check-ins are within ear-shot. That's for the break room or office.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the east-west axis wing near a lettered door on the ground floor if you have mobil...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim H

Reviewed 17 October 2017

It was my first time at the Quality Inn & Suites. You walk in to the spacious lobby with it's spiral staircase. Next to the lobby, the hotel has one of the nicest indoor swimming pools I have ever seen in a hotel. The lobby also hosts a cool shop that offers snack and microwavable meals. Their workout room offer plenty of options as does their complimentary breakfast.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom provides all the essentials. The hotel is located in a safe and quiet area. But the surrounding area does offer shops and places to eat just a short drive away. When in Carthage, MO., you have to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites. You'll be glad you did.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I enjoyed my stay here at the Quality Inn, It had a unique decor in the lobby that was pretty cool, on top of that, the staff was great. The hotel rooms are nice, and updated with modern furniture and TVs and they are clean and spacious. I enjoyed that there was a walmart nearby so you can go pick something up at any hour if you need to. And the city of Joplin is nearby and there is a mall among other things to do there.

Great stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I was so confused when I started reading the reviews as we had stayed here before when it was a Best Western. It is now a Quality Inn by Choice Hotels. We had a room towards the end of a very long and dark hallway. I think they could benefit from some better lighting in the hallways and outside of the dining area. The free breakfast is located on the second floor. It was a decent breakfast, typical of a complimentary breakfast. Not much seating inside the dining area which was spacious enough to accommodate a few more tables, I think. The remainder of the seating was in the dimly lit area outside of the main dining room. Nicely located in Carthage right off the highway with gas and fast food nearby, and a Walmart down the street. We arrived early before the official check-in time and the woman who greeted us informed us that we were too early but she would check and see if our room was available, which it was not. I was not impressed with her customer service skills and wondered if the change in ownership decreased the service but when we came back to check-in we were greeted by a young woman (I wish I would have got her name) who was incredibly polite, friendly, and efficient. We have never stayed in a Quality Inn before and we liked it enough that we booked another Quality Inn on our roadtrip. The room was nice, the bed comfortable, and we would likely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

5 star service provided by the Quality Inn & Suites in Carthage MO. The management and staff were very friendly and professional. I will definitely refer friends and associates to this property. Great location to boot!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carthage
4.2 km away
17.5 km away
Days Inn Joplin
Days Inn Joplin
#7 of 24 in Joplin

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!