“Thank God they have closed this disaster of a slum called a hotel”

The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
St Louis, mo
“Thank God they have closed this disaster of a slum called a hotel”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Finally they have closed down this flea trap. You are safer sleeping in your car or in a tent. Shame on the city of Bridgeton to even let them open. They have changed names before so beware. It use to be such a beautiful hotel and now it is like a slum. the owners do not speak english and there staff is any one who will work. not caring and not trained. just beware they will try to change names.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank thebeachbum_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
hot springs
Reviewed 3 August 2011

TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR YOUR SAFETY!!! This hotel was NASTY!!!! For one thing, people live in this hotel. They did not serve a free continental breakfast none of the 4 mornings that we were there. The hotel pool always had people that lived there in it and it was horribly hot. It was cooler outside than in the pool area. When I finished checking out and was walking back thru the hotel to leave, I was met by an english bulldog that was not a leash. I am terrified of dogs, big or small. The dog charged me which I in turn started screaming. The people that live in this hotel are allowed to have dogs and they wonder around the hotel w/o being on a leash. I would never stay at this hotel again and I infact had to carry my concealed weapon with me everytime I went outside to smoke cause I didn't feel safe. Everytime I went outside I had someone that would ask me if I had a smoke they could bum. I quickly learned not to carry my smokes outside with me. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dixon5
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Bugs all over in bed room. I woke to use restroom, and went to lay back on bed and noticed tiny bugs all over where i was just sleeping. So i slept in a chair sitting up all nite to notice a small bug cralling up my pant leg and on me. Reported this problem to hotel manager and he give me no refund. The hotel looks clean but is filthy beyond the interior. THE DIRTEST HOTEL I EVER STAYED IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay if you love bugs
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank papatrav123
Drumnadrochit, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Frankly I was not satisfied with everything in this hotel .. But I met a Chinese person and he told me :
The good news is: I heard that this hotel will be sold in the near future and the investment company will buy it from China .. Will change everything it has to become a sophisticated hotel (close to two months) and should be observed from the Department of Health for a long time because the site is excellent and reflects the first glance at the airport of St. Louis.
We hope to find a change in the near future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
St.Louis
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Check into room turned down the sheet and there was blood all over the mattress and the box springs, toilet paper holder was completely rusted, floors and commade was nasty, showed another room and it was a dump also. It is mainly a cheap apartment complex with all kinds of young people coming and going. DID NOT STAY HERE WOULD TAKE MY CHANCES UNDER A BRIDGE BEFORE I WOULD STAY HERE.
DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank truckdriver58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
6.9 km away
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
4.1 km away
Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
6.5 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
1.0 km away
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City
1.1 km away
Courtyard St. Louis Airport/Earth City
2.4 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!