“Fantastic Seafood and Service!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We didn't even know this place existed until we got a gift card in the mail for a free entree. Decided to give it a try, and what a pleasant surprise. I ordered the crab cake dinner which came with a delicious house salad and a delightful citrus dressing, not just your run of the mill bowl of lettuce by any means. The crab cakes were filled with fresh crab instead of the usual breading filler that many other restaurants serve. I really liked the sauce that came with them, as well. I chose the green beans and sauteed spinach for my sides and they were both fresh, not frozen or canned. My husband had the Cod Piccata and Lobster Stuffed Shrimp with side orders of sweet potato mash and green beans, and he especially loved the sweet potatoes. The cod and shrimp were exceptional. Our waitress, Tammy, did a fantastic job, and was attentive without being overbearing. Since it was our first time coming here, she made certain that we were well taken care of. We are so glad we found out about this wonderful seafood restaurant. St. Louis doesn't seem to have very many great seafood restaurants, but this is certainly the one to try! We will be back.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We are a party of 5, and visited on Labor Day. Restaurant was not busy, but appeared to be understaffed. We had to request a server (following at least 10 minutes of being ignored).
Food took over 1/2 hour to prepare and serve. We had to request refills on iced teas. Then one cup of ice was offered to us to refresh 4 glasses of lukewarm tea.
Food was bland - jasmine rice had no flavor.
Overall, a disappointment.

BonefishGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Bonefish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hello,

This isn't the experience we wanted for you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at customerservice@bonefishgrill.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Brentwood, MO". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Should a Seafood restaurant smell like fish when you walk through the door? Had Cod Picante and Lobster Tail, the fish was tasty but the sauce was without flavor while the Tail was tough. Popcorn shrimp not bad. Bread and dipping oil excellent. Young inexperience waitress made for rather long evening. Sent back Donna Paula Malbec.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We don't have an opportunity to go to a Bonefish Grill as often as we'd like as the closest one to where we live is about a 30 minute drive so it was nice to have a Bonefish adjacent to the Drury Inn & Suites in Brentwood, MO.

Service was prompt and courteous. The food was very good. It was crowded when we were there so I'd recommend a reservation to avoid a lengthy wait.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

It was a Tuesday night around 6:30. Place was busy but not packed. I stood at the hostess station for nearly 5 minutes. The hostess and a waitress were there, speaking to each other. Not once did they speak, acknowledge my presence, or even glance at me. I was literally less than 18" away. Finally another waitress came to the station. I asked if it was "seat yourself". She said no; I could either sit in the bar, or wait 20 minutes for a table. The bar was full with no available seats. I left. Very disappointed as the menu looked good. If the first 3 people you encounter are that rude, it doesn't bode well for a pleasant dining experience.

BonefishGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Bonefish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hello Linda,

This is not at all the service we wanted for you. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at customerservice@bonefishgrill.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Brentwood, MO". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy