“Wonderful Introduction to Branson Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge of the Ozarks

Lodge of the Ozarks
Ranked #89 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Logan, Utah, United States
“Wonderful Introduction to Branson Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

My son and I flew from Utah to meet with family in Branson. We stayed at the Lodge of the Ozarks and it was a wonderful place for families to get together. I loved the homey feel right from the start. I love to read and the lodge has many beautiful comfy spots to sit and read, meet people, play games, or reconnect with family. I love the way the lodge is decorated and waking up one morning to find Valentines decorations that had been put up during the night. Our room was awesome! I am a picky sleeper but the beds, pillows and comforter provided for an excellent nights rest. We had a room overlooking the large pool which had cute flowers on every table and the kids wanted to live in it. I didn't mind because unlike most hotels I stay in the water was warm. My kids usually end up freezing and doing the lip quiver but not here. We had quite a few kids in our group and the staff was very patient and helpful. They even gave them a special treat that the kids appreciated. The manager Robin was genuinely kind and helpful. I can tell that she is passionate about hospitality and worked endlessly to make our stay feel like a true vacation from the regular worries of life. I had a light bulb go out during my 4 day stay and maintenance was there to replace it within 5 minutes of my call. Another maintenance man stopped to talk to my son who had asked him a question and squatted down to his level for the conversation. I loved that he thought to do that. I hadn't planned on returning to Branson but after my stay here I definitely want to. I hear it's especially wonderful during the Christmas Holidays.

Room Tip: But they were next to each other and had wonderful balconies
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

On our recent visit to Branson I found a good price for rooms at the Lodge of the Ozarks. Since I had my son and his family along we wanted adjoining rooms with a crib and frig. They accommodated us with all of the above. The free breakfast buffet was a nice hot breakfast in a very pleasant room. The ladies serving breakfast were especially friendly. I would consider staying here again if our usual favorite places to stay in Branson were booked.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom floor at the back of the hotel. It was really nice because we could park...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank angels622
Rocklin, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was recently in Branson for business, but as I was greeted in the lobby by the warm Lodge of the Ozarks' staff, I immediately felt like I was "home"! Always cheerful and helpful, the entire staff made every effort to ensure that my stay was enjoyable. My room was very spacious, I savored each meal that I had in the restaurant, and I loved all of the gorgeous Christmas decorations that brightened each corner! The manager of the hotel, Robin, was never without a smile and she truly made me feel like a VIP! Clearly her positive attitude has set the tone for the rest of her wonderful staff. When I return to Branson in the future, the Lodge of the Ozarks will always be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Laura D
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We just left our new family. By this, I mean the ENTIRE staff at the Lodge of the Ozarks. I have flown well over a million miles and stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the US. However, I have NEVER EVER been treated better or felt like a member of a new family like I just experienced!! Robin is the most awesome manager I have ever known. She meets everyone with a huge, genuine smile & makes you immediately feel welcome. All of the front desk staff to the maids to the restaurant staff to the maintenance guys: you are the best of the best!!! I fell in love with each and every one of them!! Will be returning next year and can't wait to see them all. Their leader, Robin, deserves the credit for finding and keeping these beautiful people. They obviously love and respect her...like family. I was there for ELEVEN DAYS, so I hope people reading this will understand I know what I'm talking about! :-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank itmsjim
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I checked in with my friend on Nov. 9th...and checked out on Sunday, the 13th. We were greeted immediately by the office staff with a friendly smile and given our room keys where we found queen size beds in a comfortable and cozy room. We were given breakfast tickets where I thought we were having continental breakfasts each day. To my surprise we were thrilled to see a full size buffet with scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, french toast, cereal, fresh fruit, sweet rolls, oh, and biscuits and gravy. Of course, orange juice, coffee, both decaf and regular to top off this fantastic breakfast we had each of our mornings there. For the first time, I slept well because it was so quiet. No footsteps overhead, no sounds from the adjoining rooms, nothing....quiet...we were so surprised that we never heard the service staff cleaning the rooms....the other thing that I loved so much is the fantastic decorating in this hotel! One could feel the warmth of a beautiful fire in a fireplace with Christmas decorations lavishly and carefully done in the lobby and everywhere you looked. When I needed my boarding passes printed out, they were done by the staff as well. I cannot say enough about my stay as I already figured out that Branson people are all around friendly anyway. Robin, the manager, is a hard worker who shows herself throughout the day. You would come back in the evening late and there she was....always with a smile. Hopefully I can return next year with my husband because I already feel I have a family there that will welcome us. The hotel is very close to the main attractions. Who could ask for anything more?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends