“John Cook was rude!”

The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #58 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 7 September 2017

During check in I had a front desk clerk by the name of John Cook. He was very rude!!His attitude was as if I was bothering him. He asked me if I know my license plate number, which I did not. He was rude about me not knowing and stated "get that to me as soon as possible so I can put it in the system." He acted like it would have killed him to say "please" or "thank you". I also requested for him to take off the price of the safe since I was not going to be using it. He said he would do it at check out. Just point blank, no explanation and very matter of fact. I asked him why he wouldn't take it off now. He said they would do it at check out. I got that, but can you please make a note or something. Really John? if you have the kind of attitude that it seems to bother you to work with the public, maybe you should NOT work with them. I have never been treated so rudely by anyone at this establishment and have always had a pretty good experience. John's attitude it not one that makes a good impression with the guest. Maybe he should work in the laundry where he has little contact with the public and better suited out of public relations.

Room Tip: Third floor or above at the end of the hall away from elevator. North Tower is ha nicer rooms than t...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Karen H
tim d, Manager at The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with our service, we strive to exceed expectations, in this case it seems we've failed. I have addressed the issue with the employee in question. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

the room itself was clean, but very dated. The North Tower rooms have inside entrances while the South tower has exterior entrances. I was surprised that I couldn't hear much outside noise.
Pool was nice!
Wouldn't recommend the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to book a North Tower Room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cipollavin

I just want to thank you for submitting a review. I'm glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

While there are newer cats on the Branson Strip, the Clarion, with it's African safari styling, stands like a proud mature lion in its prime location. The Clarion has always got more things right than wrong in all my visits to Branson. They will play ball with the price which I like. They sport the hands-down most comfortable beds in Branson. With outside and inside pools and hot tubs it offers all season fun. A Phood Phantom thumbs up for keeping the pools open until
Midnight. The other hotels should follow this example -with all the shows letting out around 10:00 PM it pays to keep the pools open later. Everything is kept clean and repaired. Be sure to ask for the front building if you want a balcony overlooking the strip or pools. They have a restaurant next door. The Clarion has a morning breakfast on site but I've only had it once in all my stays- like I said, most comfortable beds in Branson. My guess it's why if a president stays in Branson, this is where they stay. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PhoodPhantom_MO
tim d, Owner at The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear PhoodPantom_MO,
I am writing to let you know how much I enjoyed & appreciated your eloquent e-mail in regard to your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel in Branson, MO.
Your choice of verbiage was exciting to read & I have mentioned to co-workers that you would be who I need to talk to for new & fresh ideas with our advertising efforts.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.
Hope to see you & meet you on your next visit to the Clarion Branson.
Linda S., Owner

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel Was very clean, staff was very helpful!. Complimentary Breakfast was very good, scrambled eggs, bacon and B&G
Pool area was very clean! We had beautiful view & a little balcony that was perfect for morning coffee

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Connie J
tim d, Manager at The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you celebrated an anniversary with us. I hope you will stay with us again if you visit Branson in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Reserved the Penthouse on the seventh floor and was very impressed with the layout of the room. The king size bed was very clean and comfortable however you do need to use the foot stool to get in bed because the top of the mattress is 3' off the floor. It's a long drop if you have to get up at night and you forget to use the stool. The courtyard has a very nice pool area with a handicap lift for the hot jacuzzi witch I thought was great for those seeking who need it. The breakfast buffet was also nice but they ran out of waffle mix and bagels on a Tuesday. The one thing I did not like was they started cleaning everthing before the buffet was over, so while I was eating they were turning the chairs over on the tables and cleaning the floors. All in all this is a nice place to stay and enjoy Branson because it's close to everthing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tymtravler

Thank you for your review and for your business! I'm glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry the breakfast attendants started cleaning before the end of service which is 9:30am and that they ran out of some items. I will address the issue. Thank you again I hope we will see you again soon.