“Joe Riley” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mickey Gilley Theatre

Mickey Gilley Theatre
Ranked #43 of 167 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Come see Mickey's brand new show. Join him for the life, the music, the legend live in concert. Journey down memory lane with Mickey as he reveals his life story over the past 40 years in the music industry. For the first time ever hear all 17 #1 hits as well as the stories of his past and present. He will welcome you into his life with open arms and a warm smile as only a true "Urban Cowboy" can do. Must see while inBranson.
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Joe Riley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We saw Joe Riley with Mickey years ago so we thought we would see alot of his comedy. His show was good but I wish we had attended the Mickey Gilley show to see the good comedy between Joe and Mickey. The show is only available 3 nights and we already had plans with no refunds.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Sharon F

Tampa, Florida
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Roy Rogers, JR Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

For all of us who were fans of roy rogers when we were kids, this is a must see show. Roy,JR even looks like his father and the grandson sounds like Roy.This is a western show that you will enjoy. Go see it.

Visited October 2011
Berryville, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Mickey Gilley Show Still Strong After All These Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

My family first went to see Mickey Gilley's Branson show back in 1994 when I was 11 years old. I think in all of visits I've had since then I've only missed Gilley's show one time. It is a great show with a great group of people.

Mickey is not only a talented vocalist and musician, but he also is a great showman. He sings all of the hits he has had over the years and then some, and he still sounds amazing. I was so glad to be able to see him last year upon his return after his accident. It didn't impact his vocal ability in the least.

The humor in the show and the stories that are shared also stay with you long after the performance is over. As most of us who have seen the Mickey Gilley show know, he has had some very serious things happen, such as when the theater burned or his plane crash and his most recent injury, but one thing he always does in his show is manage to find humor when many would throw in the towel. As much as I love his music, I admire the determination and grace he has shown through these obstacles.

Mickey surrounds himself with a very talented group of musicians, many of whom have been with him for years. He showcases their abilities in his show by allowing them solos and through interactions with them individually.

One of the highlights of the show, which is actually a continuing thread throughout, is the comedy and humorous exchanges between Mickey and everyone's favorite man with the Tahuchi Hat, Joey Riley. If you were to look up "chemistry" in the dictionary, you should find a picture of Gilley and Riley because they have it and each time there is something new with the two of them in the show.

And speaking of Joey, it is nice to see his show is now at the Mickey Gilley Theatre. His afternoon show full of comedy and a wide array of country ranging from classic to today definitely complements Mickey's evening show. Many of the same performers work both shows, and his beautiful wife is a showcased dancer along with their pet dog, Leroy.

Check out both shows! You will not regret it!

Visited July 2010
2 Thank DitzyDeltaDawn
Branson, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going back in time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

My husband and I were transported back to our youth. Yesterday we were entertained by Roy Rogers Jr and his son Dustin. I loved the old western songs and the stories of Dale and Roy. I love Roy Rodgers Junior's voice and the band was so talented. When we left the show I was floating on air. If you get a chance the show is well worth it. Dustin was a real singer, too. He sang a current song and some christian music. I'd love to hear an album of christian music by Dustin.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank mamawgreen
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rankin Brothers @ Mickey Gilley Theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

This is the show to see in Branson! Hey babyboomers and seniors, this is the show for you. A trip back in time to your high school years with the BEST impressionsionist we've seen in years - Elvis, The Righteous Brothers, Neil Diamond, Everly Brothers, Sonny & Cher and MANY, Many more. Plus brotherly comedy, gospel and country that will win your heart over. What a great show for a group of your high school buddies to attend. We guarantee you will enjoy!

Visited March 2011