“I could spend hours here!”

Dick's Oldtime 5 & 10
Ranked #5 of 72 Shopping in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: With thousands of goods and items in stock, if you can't find what you're looking for at this store, you can't find it anywhere.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is an old time dime store like I had as a kid, but on steroids. They have anything you can think of; magic trick, puzzle, model, pot handle, buttons, sucker with a bug in it. I have to stop by here every time we visit Branson. I work at a seafood counter at a grocery and I tell people about Dick's all the time. Like another review said, the aisles are tight, so be prepared to rub elbows with other shoppers. I am always amazed that I can end up spending $60 at a place called Five and Dime, but the time spent there is a trip down memory lane.

1  Thank Randy C
All reviews
"dime store"
in 42 reviews
"step back in time"
in 35 reviews
"kitchen gadgets"
in 16 reviews
"little bit of everything"
in 31 reviews
"childhood memories"
"for sale"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is such a fun store. It is actually like going through a museum of yesteryear. It is always busy but worth the trip. I never miss it when I come to Branson.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Dicks brings back the memories of growing up to share with my own kids. If you can't find it at Dick's it probably isn't attainable!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped in for some souvenir shopping and were impressed with the incredible variety of everything from toys and games to ornaments, magnets and other tourist staples, off-the-wall items (Bob Ross socks and a lunchbox?) and a few standouts: dozens of kinds of 10-cent taffy in flavors like chocolate malt, blueberry pancake, fresh apricot, maple bacon and even chicken and waffles; several different varieties of regional sodas.

There is a jukebox and a pressed penny machine (51 cents), but no public bathrooms. For that you'll need to go to the public restrooms right behind the building. You will find a 75-cent mechanical horse outside.The sign says the store has been there since 1961, and it definitely harkens back to the days of old five and dime stores.

1  Thank rontu78
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lot of fun in Branson, and our area expert wanted us to stop in for a look around. The shop has an amazing variety of stuff, especially for the collectors. We got a great deal on some older baseball cards. We found a few other items as well. The board game aisle was quite impressive, as was the super hero corner. Lots of items for younger shoppers too. The downfalls of this place are that it was severely overcrowded, the aisles are very narrow, and it has no public restrooms. A combination of the first two caused someone to knock something from a shelf and break it an aisle from where we were at the time. Most of the prices are fair, but I found a few things to be overpriced in my opinion. If glass bottle sodas and general store candy are your thing, this place will make you very happy as well.

1  Thank dgriff7681