“Beautiful view of golf course!”

Jay Bee's Jazz & Blues
Ranked #203 of 388 Restaurants in Branson
Reviewed 9 March 2017

This little gem is at the entrance to Pointe Royale and overlooks the golf course. The restaurant has recently been renovated and has a lovely, inviting decor. We enjoyed the Cajun special which included catfish, red beans & rice, & etoufee. We also had spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, sautéed vegetables and salad. Portions were generous and price was reasonable. Staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. Our only disappointment is that we visited on a night when they weren't having live music. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Awesome food cooked to order takes a little bit to get your food but way worth the wait will return often

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I read an article on this new restaurant in the local paper. And I as I have experienced so many times before, it reads better than the reality.

Sadly, there are a bunch of 5 star pumpers on their Facebook page that makes this place sound awesome but here are the facts.

Great atmosphere. Nice tables and chairs and spacious. 3 old men sitting at a table close to the kitchen. Friendly and try hard but fail miserably. Must be magicians, they disappear and never come back.

Table had salt, pepper...that's it. You gotta ask for whatever else you need including a straw. No refills on ice tea, I forgot to mention the old men are blind too, can't see an empty glass.

No booze. Don't have a license. Here is a tip. If you open business, hit the ground running. Don't experiment on your customers.

Food and service, TERRIBLE to WORSE than terrible. One order was BBQ pork. I have never seen cubed pork with half fat in sweet jelly served to humans. Reuben sandwich. Where was reuben? One slice of meat that would not register on a scale and should have been 3-4 oz. Invisible kraut. Sandwich the size of the palm of my hand. Biggest rip-off in Branson.

Salad...onion and tomato. Little green leaf. Tea refills, non-existent and we were the only ones in the restaurant...a big clue. All the old men disappeared and never came back.

There was a very nice geriatric crooner who was on the 9am to 11am shift with the world's oldest mullet haircut on arrival. He said he would do us a favor by doing 3 more songs. Great singer with a haircut that went out style 30 years ago.

A person who must have been the owner/manager came by the table...remind you, the only occupied table in the store, and asked how everything was. I told him the truth and he was not happy. He wanted the trumped up 5 star review. Upset and very huffy, he said he would take it off my bill. We said no, we can afford to pay, we will chock it up as a learning experience. He left and did not come back. I paid in full at the table and left without seeing anybody anymore.

I truly want this business to succeed and live up to those fabricated 5 star reviews on Facebook but I do not see those pumpers paying enough to keep that place afloat. I give the place a 6 month life span unless they are laundering money for the mob.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

First off the place was hard 2 find. Place is cute, I'll give them that. 2 older gentlemen were the only 2 working there. Ordered sweet tea n it tasted funny. So we switched to root beer. Special that day. Was spaghetti. My wife is extremely addicted to Spaghetti so she ordered the spaghetti. I tried to order but of the 10 items they had on their menu I was told they only have 4 due to a bus coming in the previous night which I highly doubt. So I ordered a steak and ask for it to be well done. One of the gentlemen left I suppose to take a female somewhere. While he was gone the other two diners there have left so the drummer of the jazz band playing offer to fill my root beer. She went in the back and you can hear noises going on for about 10 minutes and the other guy finally came back and wanted to get my refill but I told him the one guy was back there getting it so he said he would go check. The drummer guy came back his arm soaked with a large glass of root beer and was pouring it into both of our cups. I try to be funny and ask did you have an issue and he said no he's fine so it made me worry if he had done something to the drink because he was already acting funny. After about 45 minutes the second guy was like so I bet you guys finally want your food and I said yes please. Both of our meals were supposed to come with a salad that never came. Also they both said potatoes garlic bread and veggies. When my wife's spaghetti came out she took one bite and pushed it aside which is shocking because like I said she is addicted to spaghetti. My well done steak was extremely pink and I do not think any seasoning had been put on to my steak. The vegetables you can tell had been frozen and extremely freezer burnt. The potato we got your French fries which was the only edible item we got. And the French bread or garlic bread that we got was huge as if a loaf of French bread had been taken out of the freezer attempted to be heated thrown a whole bunch of Parmesan cheese on top and then serve to us. My wife tried a piece and said it was extremely soggy. And the drummer guy for some reason I felt the need several times to quit playing and come sit at our table and he was very creepy. After leaving the restaurant to go eat elsewhere I asked my wife what was wrong with the spaghetti. She said the noodles were completely spoiled and she can't even begin to tell me how awful the sauce was. So if you decide to go looking for this place I would save the time and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

That's the best I can say -- the cauliflower was good. I had the all you can eat fried catfish and I managed to eat 2 bites -- I believe the fish was going bad. My meal was suppposed to come with baked potato and bread -- I received neither -- they were out of baked potatos and I was given french fries instead -- the fries were barely edible -- tasted very heavy/oily -- but the cauliflower was great. Service was very slow - it took 35 minutes to get our food served -- full disclosure - they had two groups of 10 plus ahead of us and it looked like they only had one wait staff person.
My wife had their signature appetizer - the chicken legs -- I thought they were good but she didn't like the honey barbecue sauce. When I commented to the waitress about the fish, the manager offered to take it off my bill, but also made the comment that no one else had complained. they also gave us two complimentary tickets to Rockapella which we thoroughly enjoyed. Jay Bee's has only been open a couple of weeks and it is obvious they are experiencing opening jitters. Being local, we can afford to gi ve them a few months and then try it again if theystick around -- hopefully the cauliflower will still be good.