“Wonderful place to stay and wonderful staff!!!”

Super 8 Bowling Green
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 12 September 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stopped here on our way to see the full eclipse. The location was great, a few restaurants/gas stations nearby (and a Walmart). The room was very nice, the hotel was quaint & cozy, even served popcorn & chocolate chip cookies. Breakfast was biscuits & gravy/waffles. Would have like to have some gluten free option (eggs) as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We stayed here on the way to Memphis and again on the way home. The room was dated but was clean and that is more important. Had nice TV and also microwave. Have cookies and popcorn available around check in time. The breakfast could be better but they do have a waffle machine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We have stayed at this motel before and I think it is alot better than use to be. We will stay here again cause all our family live there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We drive to northern Minnesota every year and decided on a different route this time. It brought us through St. Louis, Missouri around 10pm. Not being familiar with the area at all and not knowing the severity of morning traffic, we decided to push on and stay north of the city. Big mistake. Once past the Arch and glistening lights, your sleeping options are incredibly limited which led us here.

I should mention we travel with 2 large dogs so we don't expect 5 star hotels on a whim but this experience was so bad, I wished I would have slept in the car. After checking in, we went to the McDonald's for "dinner" across the parking lot from the hotel and then came back to the room. Ew. As if being stuck with McDonald's for dinner isn't bad enough.

Pet friendly rooms tend to have an odor, we expect, but we do ask for non-smoking which never seems to be an issue. We opened the door and it was just awful. It smelled as if someone had just left the room after smoking an entire pack of cigarettes and then attempting a cover up with a cheap bottle of perfume. There was entirely too much furniture which made maneuvering around the room nearly impossible without a stubbed toe or a stepped on tail. The ceiling tiles and walls in the bathroom were coated in cigarette tar. It's late, I just want to sleep but this is too much for either of us. So I call the front desk and receive Debbie on the other end. I start the conversation about how we had asked for a non-smoking room and there was scented evidence along with ash trays that this clearly was not what we had requested. "Oh I'm sorry, we must have run out of the non-smoking rooms then and your room was accidentally listed as non-smoking. I'll waive the smoking fee for you" um, thanks.

After a very restless night sleep due to the odor, poor air conditioner, truckers who consumed the back parking lot that were coming and going with their loud engines, the sun finally came up. My husband went to checkout and made the summary of how horrible our night had been and the GM, who's name we don't remember but was nice, comped some of the room to end up still charging us $80. I didn't expect free, don't get me wrong, but I would have rather saved the $80 and spent more near the city and fought traffic, or found a well lit parking lot (Wal-Mart or Love's gas station) and slept in the car.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Bowling Green? Share your experiences!