“Really great restaurant ”
Review of Boboli Restaurant

Boboli Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We also love to host parties, and are becoming increasingly popular for weddings, birthdays and those special celebrations.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice restaurant, the atmosphere is great, the staff are polite and helpful, and most importantly the food is excellent, except the garlic bread it’s probably the worst I’ve had, but everything else is great.

Sarah P, Owner at Boboli Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so sorry you didn't like the garlic bread. We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully everything will be perfect next time.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I chose this restaurant for our wedding anniversary dinner.
We had cheesy garlic bread to start and then a pizza and bream respectively for our main courses. My wife enjoyed her pizza and the bream was well cooked and tasty, but the portion size was very small and certainly didn't justify the price.
We asked to see the desert menu as our plates were cleared away, but after nearly 20 minutes waiting for it to arrive, we gave up and asked for the bill, which arrived after a couple of minutes. I sat with my bank card on the edge of the table for another 15 minutes and then gave up with that too and went out to the desk to pay.
Our lasting memories of Boboli is small meals, high prices and poor service.
Such a shame, as it spoiled our anniversary.

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you did not have a great experience with us. Although no excuse, it was an unexpectedly busy service that evening and we had staff members off sick, which did affect the customer service that we are usually able to give. As I say though, that is no excuse and we are terribly sorry. If you would like to give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, perhaps you could let me know via email (bobolirestaurant@gmail.com) if you book again and we will make sure that you have a much better experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We keep coming back to Boboli as the food and service is just outstanding! Especially when the weather is as lovely as it's been recently, their outside dining area is perfect for a light meal and a bottle of wine!☀️

Sarah P, Owner at Boboli Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We went here recently as a group of cyclists who eat out at a new venue each week post ride. The ambience here is great, the staff are always very helpful, we had a bespoke set menu (very reasonably priced) arranged for us and the outside drinking/eating area is perfect for a drink on a summer evening. That is why we keep coming back to Boboli. Thank you

Sarah P, Owner at Boboli Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Had heard some good things about this restaurant but had also read many poor/average reviews on Trip Advisor, so went with an open mind.
Things started quite well , starters were quite tasty if a little over priced. Then, whilst waiting for our main courses, a waitress decided to fall down the step next to my table and throw the remains of a pizza over the floor and also my trousers. She was apologetic and there was only a small amount of sauce on my trousers so no great harm done and of course accidents will happen. Still it would have been nice if she had shown just a tiny bit of concern for my predicament.
Then the main courses arrived. My wife’s looked fine although she noticed that the plate was extremely hot. My dish which was basically just large pasta shells covering beef and pork mince in a tomato sauce was burnt black around the entire circumference of the plate. The top of the pasta shells were also burnt or cooked to the consistency of rubber and the tomato sauce was virtually non existent. Obviously the dish had been standing under a hot lamp for a considerable time.
By the time I had taken this in the waitress had gone. I thought I would at least attempt to eat it and complain when the waitress returned to check if all was ok. She didn’t return! By the time my wife had finished her dish I had managed to eat about half of mine. I told the waitress that I was not happy with the poor quality of my dish. An apology was muttered and she promised to feed back my comments.
We decided not to gamble on the possible quality of the desserts and asked for the bill. I was expecting that a downward adjustment of the bill would be the least they could do. Needless to say we sat there for 15 minutes and the bill did not arrive.
We therefore went to the desk and asked again for the bill. This time it was produced but no reduction was made or offered. Again I was not asked whether I enjoyed my meal, in fact no pleasantries exchanged at all. I’m not one for making a big fuss ( more fool me ) so paid up and left.
No doubt if the manager bothers to read these reviews he will blame me for not voicing my concerns when the burnt over cooked food was initially put on the table. But surely if a customer complains at any time and the proof is there to see then the staff should do everything they can to keep the customer happy. It was clear to me that the majority of the young, predominantly female waiting staff would rather be anywhere else than working at Boboli. Until this problem is resolved then Boboli will get more and more reviews like this and eventually people will find a better over priced Italian restaurant to dine at.
Needless to say we will not be returning and I will not be recommending Boboli to any family, friends, or acquaintances.

1  Thank Storming55

I am terribly sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit on Sunday. It was an unexpectedly busy service for us, which although no excuse, will be the reason why we were not as attentive as we usually pride ourselves on being. I am surprised that you didn't enjoy the pasta shells as it is one of our most popular dishes on the current menu. As it is baked in the oven it will inevitably have browning around the circumference and on top. I am sorry that this was not to your liking. Should you decide to come again and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, please do contact me by email and we will make sure that you have a much improved visit. Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns.