“Awesome Sushi”
Review of Nippon Tei

Nippon Tei
Reserve with OpenTable
Nippon Tei is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 98 Restaurants in Ballwin
Price range: USD 15 - USD 15
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I met with some friends for an early Sunday dinner here. There were 11 of us in all, so we all got to share and taste several different dishes. All of the sushi I tasted was amazing. I think my favorite was the simple, yet elegant, White Tuna Nigiri. It melted in my mouth.

The octopus salad, miso soup and teriyaki salmon were equally good. I drank a glass of plum wine which complimented the seafood perfectly.

The service was crisp and all staff was knowledgeable of the menu and ordering process.

I also really enjoyed the ambiance of Nippon Tei. Wood tables, very comfortable chairs and no annoying music to ruin the mood.

An excellent dining experience all around.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I had a carry out order, which was my 1st time here. I ordered the Pad Thai Chicken, which is delicious!! Was packaged nicely, with small containers of crushed red pepper, and another of chopped peanuts for my dish. Loaded with white chicken! It came with a small salad & cup of soup. The edamame was also very good! Wonderful lunch for about $17 which will actually make at LEAST 2 lunches w/the entree, if not 3!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Quiet, clean, and delicious food. Sushi special is perfect. They have teriyaki chicken and salmon for those who aren't sushi fans. Have been coming here for years and have never been disappointed!

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Good food and a nice quiet table makes for an excellent business lunch. My associate enjoyed the shrimp pad thai. I had the breaded pork cutlet. Sauces and salads and soups were all excellent.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Nippon Tei doesn't look like much from the outside, it is in a strip mall. Definitely go inside for really good sushi. We liked it better when they had the bar next door. That was our favorite place to eat, but the dining room works. Order the red dragon sushi. It is delicious.

Been to Nippon Tei? Share your experiences!