All reviews stables bar golf course leisure club beauty room leisure facilities steam room and jacuzzi four poster evening meal granary suite round of golf main building full english great night a lovely stay lady on reception food was lovely poster bed
Reviewed 16 April 2017

we stayed here as part of a Dinner, bed and breakfast deal - and it's been our 3-4th visit (but last one was over a year ago) - and wow...we really enjoyed our stay... we often go away for weekends and was a real pleasure being back...

we got a bottle of prosecco and and some chocolates in our room... :)

the spa area has been extended and this lets in more light into the area and is also very clean and relaxing :)

foodwise - it was spot on, we had a 3 course meal and couldn't fault it - couple of very minor things tho - maybe we could have had some bread rolls, and the lights dimmed a bit to make it more ambient?

but overall it was brilliant, and if you consider we were at Seaham Hall (more than twice the price for the B&B alone) a few weeks back, the gap between these is a lot closer than what you may expect - and this says more about Hallgarth than it does seaham hall...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan157
GMNOEE, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you for this incisive, thoughtful and great review.
We look forward to being of future service.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Couldn't have done anything better! Beautiful place. Friends and helpful staff who really went the extra mile. Food was amazing in the restaurant, Spa was very relaxing and the massages in the beauty room were fantastic. Breakfast was lovely and the whole stay was very enjoyable. Me and my partner loved it so much we are considering getting married here ! Xx

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hayleystorey
GMNOEE, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Many thanks for this great review .We are a very popular wedding venue so please get in touch if you need a specific date.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We visited here for a 1 night stay to celebrate our anniversary. We paid for a package which included dinner, breakfast, superior room, chocolates and wine and full use of spa facilities and it was value for money. Spa facilities were lovely and clean and very relaxing.
Our room was lovely and clean and very quiet.
Evening meal was 3 course and every inch of it was beautiful.
The staff here are fantastic and we really appreciated the anniversary message in our room.
We can't wait to come back again very very soon.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen C

Thank you for this generous review which is very much appreciated by the team .We look forward to being of future service.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I stayed here for one night on a work trip. I arrived quite late so didn't get the chance to see the restaurant or the spa. I did have a drink in the pub, fairly OK. Reception was really welcoming, the chap was very helpful and friendly.

Room, not the most modern, but saying that nothing wrong with it. Had room service, actually really really good, and nice and hot.

Will stay again if in area - nice place!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
GMNOEE, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you for this positive review.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night, price was very reasonable, I regret not taking my golf clubs as the price for twilight winter golf is also very reasonable. £10
The course is only 9 holes, but looks well laid out based on the holes I could see from the restaurant.
Breakfast was good, not a buffet but chosen from a menu (full English) service was very good.
Had a steak in the restaurant on the previous evening, the rib eye, was not overly impressed with that, as it was very fatty, and for £16 I was a little disappointed. The starter however (tomato soup) was excellent, but at £5 so it should be. That said, given the room price with breakfast included, I can't complain too much.
They seem to have disabled access (I noticed a stair lift at least)
Gym looks well stocked if you are into that and the swimming pool looked ok.
Stables bar was nice, very friendly staff and has a pool table, darts and sky sports, decent selection of beers and again very reasonably priced for a hotel (£3.20) for a lager.
Room was comfy and stocked with tea / coffee and biscuits :-)
Sky in room would have been nice.
Would I stay again, yes.
My only other gripe, the pipes need work, I was on my way to the land of nod around midnight, when some very loud (what can only be described as water pipe backdraft) fully woke me up, it was louder than the Tv ! Once awake, I struggled to get back to sleep. I did mean to mention this upon departure but forgot. I checked with a colleague and he heard the same thing (I was in room 25 he was in 29) maybe someone was taking a shower or bath or something.
Still ok though

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for this comprehensive review. We appreciate the rating and look forward to being of future service.