“Best value in Tunica”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Canada
“Best value in Tunica”
Reviewed 23 February 2010

The accommodations at this Americas Best Value Inn are above average. The room was huge (king bed), clean and comfortable. Great continental breakfast. Another hotel in the area is quite inferior to this one and charges three times the price. The staff here is very friendly and went out of their way to be accommodating, even to a snivelling, arrogant guest who was very difficult and expected five-star accommodations for a one-star price. You need a car or shuttle to get to a casino, whether you're staying at the ABVI, Ballys, The Grand, or Harrahs. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sylacauga Alabama
Reviewed 15 October 2009

my husband was home for 14 days from Iraq. we wanted to get away and have some fun before his going back. I check the internet and thought I had found a great hotel. I made rev. for Oct. 24-26 Thurs. Fri.&Sat. leaving on Sun. I wa told the room price was $49.95 for Thurs. and $109.95 for Fri and Sat.each nite. I had made the Rev. late one nite and called them back the next night and told them that our weather was bad and I did not drive in the rain leaving them pleanty of time and told them we would we comming in on Mom. night and leaving on Wed. The lady at the desk said I still had to pay the rate that I had made for the week end. We arrived about 1:39am Tues. and left on Wed. I had called to let them know also that we would have a late check in. When
we got to the hotel i had to sign a reciept for our stay off my Visa card and I reminded him that we would be leaving on Wed. He said that I would not be charged till I checked out which in fact they had already played with my credit card on the 28th before
checKing in for $252.85 - $33.00 on the 30th. They lied and tryed to cheat us, I told the lady at the desk that I was going to report them to who ever would listen so they put back $109..95 back on my card. Having me paying $175.90 for a room that should have cost
$49.95 plus tax for 2 nights. The mattress were dirty and the room smelled. There was
enought space under the door for the spider (that i killed) to crawl in.
I think if the Lady at the desk and not been so ugly about all the problums that I would not be writting this. You can find much nicer hotels to stay at in the area.......BUT NOT THIS ONE......

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruthrmagnolia2
Ron P, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry we let you down in several ways, and I offer my sincerest apologies. Since the time when you stayed with us, we’ve made many changes to the hotel and our staffing and are doing a better job for guests. I hope you will soon give us another chance to satisfy you.

Hotel Manager
Chicago
Reviewed 2 September 2009

If you are planning to visit Tunica, Ms. for a weekend of gambling/fun, then you might as well rent a car in Memphis and book a hotel at one of the casinos.
We were told this Inn was within walking distance to the main casinos. We were very disappointed when we discovered the distance to the casinos was over a mile and there was no way a person could walk to the casinos without risking their life on a very busy road.
The accommodations at this Americas Best Value Inn were deplorable, and disgusting. We had to change rooms 3 times in order to find a room that was suitable for sleeping and just relaxing. The linens, beds and towels were used and sub-standard.. They need to really upgrade their laundry/towel service with something of higher quality and sanitary standards. The halls had a smell of too much disinfectant and not enough actual "clean" space . Most of the towels and linens had hairs or stains on the surfaces. Yuccky!!! The management turns the A/C off in all of the rooms in order to save a buck on the power bill but this creates a "mildew effect" with mold complications in the long run. We got the run around on transportation because nothing is the area. We had to rely on private shuttles "to/from" the casinos. The best advice is to rent a car in Memphis and arrange accommodations at one other casinos to avoid this scenario - you'll be glad that you did.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Video_King2009
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you received bad information and that your experience with us didn’t meet your needs. We take serving guests very seriously and have made significant changes to the hotel that mean we’re now doing better for guests than ever before. I hope you will soon give us another chance to satisfy you.

Hotel Manager
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Our group of 4 spent the night of 2/1/09 at this resort. The bathrooms are totally new, and the wall covering and carpet appear to be new. The breakfast was very good. the only negative is the fact there is no elevator but if we had booked earlier we would have been on Floor 1 instead of Floor 2.
Not a new resort but a best buy for the money in our book.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, comfortable
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank cj0939
tn
Reviewed 11 December 2008

very disappointed...feel very misled and lied to..i went to several websites and looked up info about hotel and several I saw said hotel was within half a mile to casinos..i even called the hotel and spoke with the front desk and they told me were right by casinos, half mile from some and further ones being a mile..however when got there was very disappointed. That was not true at all. The closest one was like 4 miles and some at least 7 or 8 miles. We had to get car service to get there which was very expensive. with the money we spent on transportation we could have stayed in actual casino hotel and been right in casino and paid the same. was not worth it. hotel was ok but if want to be close to the action,not good.

• Liked — decent room
  • Disliked — misled about distance from casinos, waiting on ride
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cryheoh