All reviews beer garden made to order breakfast boutique hotel gordon ramsey main street chain hotels rooms are small local hotel pleasure of staying msu students restaurants and bars deluxe king room charming place southern eggs benedict around midnight natchez trace street noise
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stayed at the Hotel Chester (Gordon Ramsey Exec King)...room was clean and could accommodate up to 4 adults (1 king bed, 1 queen sofa bed), although they increase the rate by $20 for each occupant over double occupancy...very small bathroom, but vanity was located outside the bathroom, which was convenient...the exec king room also had a wet-bar, which was nice....absolutely NO view from our room (rooftop AC)...free cook-to-order breakfast was OK. SMOKE DETECTOR IN OUR ROOM WENT OFF 3 TIMES BETWEEN 2-3 AM...TRIED TO CALL FRONT DESK WITH NO ANSWER...WENT DOWN TO FRONT DESK AND NO ONE WAS THERE...RANG THE BELL LOCATED ON THE FRONT DESK AND NO ONE CAME...REQUESTED A DISCOUNT ON OUR FOOM RATE DUE TO THE INCONVENIENCE, AND THEY WOULD NOT ACCOMMODATE.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank dnaquin113
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Excellent location, Clean and nice rooms.
Warming hospitality from the host and stuff,they truly care for the guests. Place with touch of great love. Very good beer garden with local beers. Would definitely suggest it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Alexei N
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I was booked here by my hosts at MSU during a speaking engagement in Oct. 2017. They noted that it was the classic local hotel in Starkville.

I enjoyed my stay. I'm probably less picky than many people and enjoy unique and sometimes less than perfect furniture or other amenities. Far better than another chain hotel. If you want a McDonalds hotel, then go there. If you want something different and memorable, this is for you.

There are some furniture pieces that need to just be painted and hardware replaced to move out of the 70's or 80's. The beds and bedding and rest of the hotel is more classic in appearance and very nice. They are almost there if they will keep making minor modifications.

Staffed by nice MSU students. No front desk staff later in the evening which was a little different and felt more like a B&B, but it was fine for me. Some guests may not be comfortable without someone around for service or questions.

Nice new tvs and an elevator that is secured by room key.

Every college town needs a hotel like this. I hope they keep this a classic and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank stevebradley2017
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Ok so I’ve never stayed in a boutique hotel that I can recall so when I found this one and it included a made to order breakfast and I absolutely loved the name “Hotel Chester” I couldn’t wait to stay!
We arrived as early as possible, check in went very smoothly. This is an older building so if you don’t appreciate the beauty of older buildings-don’t go, this one was lovely and right off of Main Street so you could walk to shopping and restaurants very easily.
We had other places to be so we didn’t get to do that, parking is not plentiful but they try their best to accommodate guests, if you were there early enough you could park in front of the doors.
Our made to order breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room, they offered fresh fruit, banana bread, cereal and the menu had several choices. I had an egg and bacon sandwich with to die for hash browns! The eggs looked like farm fresh with deeper color in the yolk and those hash browns were cooked perfectly! My husband had southern eggs Benedict that said it came with sausage but it had ham and that was ok. He said it was tasty. Breakfast was served until 9:30, we were there at 9:00 and I got the feeling they were waiting on us to wrap up the morning.
The rooms are small so if you need a lot of space, this may not be for you, the bathroom was small also, but everything was clean and older in a classic old way not necessarily outdated.
Everyone was very nice and hospitable. Will we stay again if are in the area - absolutely yes!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Eclectic-Collector
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This hotels best quality is the location, it's right in the center of town where you can just walk out and walk around the main area in Starkville. service was excellent, everyone I spoke to was very helpful, breakfast was good and the overall atmosphere was very nice. The bathroom was a bit small but plenty of room in the tub. The bathroom had only the tub and the toilet with the sink area outside the bathroom, in the entranceway to the room. Strange setup but worked with plenty of room at the sink area for all our accessories. The wifi worked with no issues. The parking... I was a bit concerned, the lot for parking was not obvious and is shred with other businesses. When I asked about parking, I was told I could park on one side of the street, or in the shared lot.

The one concerning point was two doors that connected to the next room... I opened my door to see another door with no knob - also my door had no lock. To ensure that the people next door could not get in our room, I closed my door and pulled on it without turning the knob, it opened. If I can open it by pulling on it, the other room can open it by pushing on it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family